AirGunForum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Important Announcement!

The Christmas theme is now active.
If you do not see any changes simply scroll to the very bottom of the page and look for Change Theme, located very bottom left. Click on that link and select the Christmas theme.

Photo

Shooting sports and the EV2

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 holly

holly

• 24,426 posts
  • Interests:FT . archery . walking
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:East london

Posted 07 December 2017 - 05:57 PM

The pie man who writes for the shooting sports . is once again the champ of the EV2 in there this month . claiming that the EV2 is the rifle of 2017 . woody's is in there again with a much modified FTP . can we really say that a non standard rifle is a EV2 or a FTP . neither of these rifles as standard are anything to shout about . the EV . yes it is now cheap to buy secondhand . lots of em around . if , i say if you get one that shoots well . then yes spend the money on the stock and action to upgrade it . but should you have to . what will the new FTP be like ? well one thing it will be is lighter , i'll bet .  little jack is held up as the greatest exponent of EV2ism . i reckon you could give little jack any reliable , accurate  rifle and he would win with it . yes he is right about the 9015 . it has not proved it's self in the winter yet . i dare say they will sort it . but i still think the 2002 is a better winter league rifle . from my point of view , use what ever you like and can afford .??? HOLLY

#2 Piemanlarger

Awesime

• 2,658 posts
  • Interests:Ft
    Railways
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:W.Glamorgan

Posted 07 December 2017 - 06:21 PM

get better glasses, i said 2018 lol

#3 holly

holly

• 24,426 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:32 PM

does not matter pie man . remember that you get paid for writing . we pay to read it . therefore we want objective reports . bias should not happen . now there are two air arms men writing for the mag . some shooters who are easily fooled will think that there air rifles are better than the rest . yes AA makes some decent rifles . but certainly they are not above the rest of the available guns out at the mo ??? HOLLY

#4 Piemanlarger

Awesime

• 2,658 posts
    Railways

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:56 PM

So which Gun tops the league you shoot in?

#5 holly

holly

• 24,426 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:34 PM

Yes an EV2 . i could give woody my 2002 and he would still kick ass . he is a good shot who trains . is fit and looks after his kit . i should point out though that an old -poot- with a vintage gun and scope who had to do 8 standers . was only two targets i think behind him at bisley . yes i had a very good day . that does not change the point that you have a duty to the public who buy that mag to give a fair article . pushing a rifle that is no better than the rest is not fair . as said Little Jack could win with any of the top rifles of the day ??? HOLLY

#6 SteveC200

• 607 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Essex

Posted 08 December 2017 - 07:15 AM

Surely the fact that these top shooters choose to use an EV2 has some bearing? They arent likely to use something of less ability are they?

#7 Piemanlarger

Awesime

• 2,658 posts
    Railways

Posted 08 December 2017 - 08:14 AM

​I love it when people get there facts correct, to suit themselves lol

​2017

​Ev2

​Woody trains? He kept that quiet from me, must be having his spaceship friends whisk him off to planet fT? r

​All so close, but yet again proving sadly he is loosing it!

​My articles are my own affairs, I write what I want in them. Try reading it again, see if you can see what I really said this time?

#8 NatS

• 1,111 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Suffolk

Posted 08 December 2017 - 10:03 AM

A daystate.

#9 holly

holly

• 24,426 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:27 AM

You see the problem , there are some misguided people out there simon , who actually believe what you and others  write in the mags . you are telling em that a EV2 is the rifle to have . which is patently not so . decent rifle yes . the rifle to have , errrr i don't think so . you are in a position of trust . whether you like it or not . no it is not up to you to write what you like . did you mention the fact that the EV2 has and had many faults and that a really good one is not easy to find .plus if they are so good why was there 4 marks of em and why were they replaced by the FTP . explain that in your next article . but probably not . ??? HOLLY

PS do you really call woody's rifle now an air arms . there is nothing left of the FTP is there 

Edited by holly, 08 December 2017 - 11:29 AM.

#10 robF

• 4,036 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 12:21 PM

You call your guns anschutz's... you pull the stocks off, monkey with the trigger, add bits here and there and the only bit of the butt you do keep you turn upside down :D

#11 holly

holly

• 24,426 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 12:46 PM

the action is origional . it is pupped that is it . only work on the gun it's self is to cut 4 inches off the barrel shroud . ??? HOLLY

PS hardly monkeying 

PS and i don't write for a mag that people spend there hard earned cash on .bring back Neil Mac .

#12 robF

• 4,036 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 03:04 PM

So 2002's come out of the factory at 12ft-lb? :D

#13 dc1

• 2,042 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 03:05 PM

So 2002's come out of the factory at 12ft-lb? :D

No,they were 2020's (i think)

#14 robF

• 4,036 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 03:36 PM

So holly's 2002

had stock removed and new one added

had trigger mechanism glued on so it can work with the new stock

had action left alone, except for making it up to power, then another bit sawn off

but it's had less done than a gun which has the same stock, same trigger, makes the same power and hasn't seen a hacksaw...

O    kay :rofl2:

#15 Piemanlarger

Awesime

• 2,658 posts
    Railways

Posted 08 December 2017 - 05:45 PM

Well as long as they are not misguided enough to ever read and believe anything your write, in fact I'm sure at your current pace only solicitors will be taking note.

#16 holly

holly

• 24,426 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 05:51 PM

It was pupped by B&M . i shoot pups not because of fashion but because i have to have one . ( long body , short legs ) . the only thing done to the rifle , tune wise , is nothing . it does not need it . i chopped off the end of the barrel shroud cos it looked out of place and made the gun sound odd . the reason the shroud is that long is cos as you know it lengthens the distance between the sights for 10 meter . so a standard rifle in a pup stock . which changes not the point does it . woody's rifle is no longer a FTP that anybody would recognise is it . what it is now is a Woody Special . good luck to him is doing well with it . don't you think that at least one person in the AA team ought to shoot an untouched late model FTP , straight from the factory  ??? HOLLY

#17 springboy

FT Extraudinair

• 2,380 posts
  • Interests:Shooting,Fishing,and my family
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:essex

Posted 08 December 2017 - 06:52 PM

A daystate.

Ill second that

#18 springboy

FT Extraudinair

• 2,380 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 06:57 PM

You see the problem , there are some misguided people out there simon , who actually believe what you and others  write in the mags . you are telling em that a EV2 is the rifle to have . which is patently not so . decent rifle yes . the rifle to have , errrr i don't think so . you are in a position of trust . whether you like it or not . no it is not up to you to write what you like . did you mention the fact that the EV2 has and had many faults and that a really good one is not easy to find .plus if they are so good why was there 4 marks of em and why were they replaced by the FTP . explain that in your next article . but probably not . ??? HOLLY

PS do you really call woody's rifle now an air arms . there is nothing left of the FTP is there 

The reason why they are on to the mk 4 and replaced by the ftp is the same reason we aint still shooting RN10s and shamels,its progress. With that statement you could apply it to every single manufacturer on the planet. Porsche was slated for years for the 911 staying the same for years and they finally gave in before they started losing sales to the other car brands,they had to keep up. Why are people using 9015s instead of 2002s?

#19 springboy

FT Extraudinair

• 2,380 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 07:02 PM

It was pupped by B&M . i shoot pups not because of fashion but because i have to have one . ( long body , short legs ) . the only thing done to the rifle , tune wise , is nothing . it does not need it . i chopped off the end of the barrel shroud cos it looked out of place and made the gun sound odd . the reason the shroud is that long is cos as you know it lengthens the distance between the sights for 10 meter . so a standard rifle in a pup stock . which changes not the point does it . woody's rifle is no longer a FTP that anybody would recognise is it . what it is now is a Woody Special . good luck to him is doing well with it . don't you think that at least one person in the AA team ought to shoot an untouched late model FTP , straight from the factory  ??? HOLLY

For as long as I can remember people will fettle their rifles. Nick Jenkinsons NJR wasnt standard from the factory in fact probably the only thing that was standard was the receiver

#20 holly

holly

• 24,426 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 07:30 PM

Yep and good luck to em stan . but at what stage do they become another rifle is my point ??? HOLLY

#21 robF

• 4,036 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 07:12 AM

What you mean like Steve did last year when he won the CSFTA Championship?  :atounge:

#22 holly

holly

• 24,426 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 11:42 AM

Good shot standard rifle . equals wins Rob . now let us dwell on your springer . never laid a finger on it have you . ??? HOLLY

#23 springboy

FT Extraudinair

• 2,380 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 02:23 PM

Yep and good luck to em stan . but at what stage do they become another rifle is my point ??? HOLLY

Theyre still the same rifle,all theyre are doing is perfecting the imperfections that the manufacturers have made on a cost basis. If they were to make a rifle as perfect as possible that ticks all the boxes then it would probably be out of the reach of the average shooter,and even they did people would still find a way of improving them. Same as springers,they make them with full sized pistons etc to suit a wide market be it 12ft1b or fac. The reason theyve long stroked the TX 200. It makes it easier for them to produce the same rifle but change the spring for export its an easy solution. They dont go for lighter skirtless pistons etc because it can make them pellet fussy and in fairness not as reliable. Some people dont want to do a full strip down after say 10,000 shots. Its something personal to the shooter. I would rather re engineer my springer for better shot cycle and consistency then have a standard rifle that kicks like a mule but will last 25 years without touching it.

#24 robF

• 4,036 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 12:01 AM

Good shot standard rifle . equals wins Rob . now let us dwell on your springer . never laid a finger on it have you . ??? HOLLY

Which one? :D

My are springers are as standard as the day is long.

The longer the daylight the less I have time to take them apart :D

#25 holly

holly

• 24,426 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 10:44 AM

shooters in brass trousers should not blow scones ??? HOLLY

PS Vica La Strip . never gonna take my SR down again . too many bits a pieces .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users