AirGunForum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Important Announcement!

The Christmas theme is now active.
If you do not see any changes simply scroll to the very bottom of the page and look for Change Theme, located very bottom left. Click on that link and select the Christmas theme.

Photo

Doubling up comp cards

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 Just Jacques

• 200 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Yorkshire

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:47 PM

Me Too

#32 Barndoor

• Member.
  • 350 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:S. Yorkshire

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:25 PM

Don't misunderstand this, but, I can't wait to get down to the range.

I want to compare two cards that have been shot back to back.
Mainly to see if the second shows any trace of lead or any other difference. If so probably so slight that somebody checking a fair few may not have time to notice.
Unless receiving both cards :poster_oops:

#33 sg1

Early Morning Admin(yawn!!)

• 1,940 posts
  • Interests:Lightweight Sporting Rifle Competition Shooting,Clay Pigeon Shooting(ESP),Collecting Swords/Knives, Cooking , Computer Repairs and of course my Partner and our 3 kids.
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:South coast, west sussex

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:30 PM

Also depends what you're shooting it with!!

atvb

sg1

#34 Rutty

• 78 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Midlands

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:39 AM

I want to compare two cards that have been shot back to back.
Mainly to see if the second shows any trace of lead or any other difference. If so probably so slight that somebody checking a fair few may not have time to notice.
Unless receiving both cards

There are slight differences that will be apparent to an experienced scorer. For airguns, he target that was underneath will usually have a slightly larger shot hole. This will be apparent when the target is compared with other targets that have been shot in the correct manner, it is not essential to have the top target to compare.

Under these circumstances it is not necessary to conclusively prove that cheating took place, the scorer may disallow the card(s) under Rule 7.4.5. It is then up to the shooter to contest the decision; it will come as no surprise that few choose to do so.

Rutty

#35 Just Jacques

• 200 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Yorkshire

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:02 PM

Rutty is right as a scorer you can tell with air targets and quiet often its the same scorer for 2 different comps and you can tell I have had people put one card upright and one behind sideways but you can tell the pattern- - - -- - Its cheating and should be stopped or reported

JJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users