AirGunForum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

adjustable butt pads and cheek piece

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 stoogey

stoogey
  • 5,934 posts
  • Interests:shooting ,fishing,outdoors,survival,studying engineering,<br>nature cocervation,freinds and family,blow pipes,

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:38 PM

hi all, its been a while but here goes.

i've finaly got round to sorting my gun stock, i'm looking for adjustable but pads, nothing like the fancy claws and long under yu arm pit bars and stuff but i want to change the angle of the butt (the very end of the stock)  and the adjust the height, and i'm looking at a riser cheek peace (as i'm at it).

first problem..sheeesh prices! second is i dont have a clue what they call things..

would something like this be of use?  http://www.ebay.co.u...=item1c4338644c

any web sights with the relavent info at all? with words like comb etc to the relavence? whats the parts called on the stocks and what do they effect, yes i like all the info lol.

Edited by stoogey, 17 July 2014 - 12:39 PM.

#2 stoogey

stoogey
  • 5,934 posts
  • Interests:shooting ,fishing,outdoors,survival,studying engineering,<br>nature cocervation,freinds and family,blow pipes,

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:07 AM

nobody? any body?

ffff i wont mention making new trigger blades lol.

Edited by stoogey, 24 July 2014 - 11:07 AM.

#3 craftsman

craftsman
  • 222 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Nottinghamshire

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:56 AM

Just found this post,,,being a Scot at heart, I always make all my bits if possible.

Take off your butt plate and rebuild with extended polystyrene or similar, test and keep altering untill you reach your desired shape/angle.

Same with the buttstock comb.

Remove and duplicate in wood.

Making them adjustable will be a lot more technical.

#4 Jon

Jon
  • 5,791 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Staffs

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:56 PM

The linked plastic pad cant be beaten for the price, but whether can be adapted to existing stock you will have to figure.

The cheek adjusters on that site are basic simplistic items and will be hard to fit done right.

If already got adjustable cheek just make a packer

Attached Files

#5 stoogey

stoogey
  • 5,934 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 02:01 AM

cheers guys.. just something to do while i twidle du thumbs...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users