AirGunForum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

plinker

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 FIESTA

FIESTA
  • 545 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Essex

Posted 28 December 2014 - 07:51 PM

went to etl today for a plink not many there

#2 Eaton Rifles

Eaton Rifles
  • 11,558 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 08:09 PM

Look on the positives; it was a bright, sunny day, the wind was crisp but minimal and there was plenty of space to spread out on the zero range... ^^
By the way Terry, did the steel plates ever get replaced after those thieving didicoys nicked them all?
God knows how they got them out of there, we bust a gut getting them installed in the first place and even concreted in the posts for added security.

#3 holly

holly

holly

• 23,746 posts
  • Interests:FT . archery . walking
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:East london

Posted 28 December 2014 - 09:57 PM

Miinmal at ETL col possibly . at carisbrooke terrible . but a good day anyway .??? HOLLY

#4 Eaton Rifles

Eaton Rifles
  • 11,558 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 10:35 PM

Miinmal at ETL col possibly . at carisbrooke terrible . but a good day anyway .??? HOLLY

So are you saying it was a two horse race at Carrisbroke?

#5 AndyIoW

AndyIoW
  • 928 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 10:52 PM

There was 5 of us there, Bazza dropping 3, me 9 and the others 10 or more.
Holly got his excuses book out as he was missing quite a few for wind or dropping low. Even young Melv was getting targets Holly was missing.

Good day was had all anyway.

#6 holly

holly

holly

• 23,746 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 11:48 PM

Most peculiar day . no not a two horse race . more like a runnaway win . shots going low , shots going way past where they should have done , wind wise . to the point where i thought there was something wrong with the rifle . got to three quarters of the way around and went back to the zero range . nothing really wrong i could find without a chrono , cold two below on car temp . ranges coming in two yards short . half inch low past 45 yards .nothing more than i would expect . so dunno investigation coming up ??? HOLLY

#7 FIESTA

FIESTA
  • 545 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 08:47 AM

yes collin they were replaced as was the targets after the hut was cut  open twice every thing got pinched ,thanks to robin and stuart they replaced them all and saved the club

#8 Siy-co

Siy-co
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 10:59 AM

Most peculiar day . no not a two horse race . more like a runnaway win . shots going low , shots going way past where they should have done , wind wise . to the point where i thought there was something wrong with the rifle . got to three quarters of the way around and went back to the zero range . nothing really wrong i could find without a chrono , cold two below on car temp . ranges coming in two yards short . half inch low past 45 yards .nothing more than i would expect . so dunno investigation coming up ??? HOLLY

lack of talent... ?

#9 Eaton Rifles

Eaton Rifles
  • 11,558 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 12:13 PM

yes collin they were replaced as was the targets after the hut was cut  open twice every thing got pinched ,thanks to robin and stuart they replaced them all and saved the club

Ouch, that's not good, I remember the first time the store hut was cut open and the generator was nicked; funny how it happened within a week of buying the generator and how that was the only thing taken....

#10 Eaton Rifles

Eaton Rifles
  • 11,558 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 12:18 PM

It's just all that flim-flam coming back to haunt you...  :atounge:

It sounds like the cold getting into the rifle, is the hammer dry or lubed?; I bet if you had been able to stick the gun over a chrono it would have been well down.

#11 holly

holly

holly

• 23,746 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 12:21 PM

You may possibly be right  simon . time to retire disgracefully perhaps . no sod it let's stay and ###### everybnody off . or even better drag em down to my level , yehawwwwwwwwww let her rippppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp ??? HOLLY

#12 holly

holly

holly

• 23,746 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 12:24 PM

Velocity and cold getting into the old hip maybe . i could not get my right leg up to rest my arm on . never mind warmer weather is a coming . oh and a new shooting jacket i think . ??? HOLLY

#13 Eaton Rifles

Eaton Rifles
  • 11,558 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 12:32 PM

Sounds like you need a shooting stick old chap, something to take the weight of the rifle...   :)

#14 holly

holly

holly

• 23,746 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 12:33 PM

I need a new hip and twenty years off my age . but we have what we have and of course . we will be back ??? HOLLY

#15 dc1

dc1
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 12:51 PM

Sounds like you need a shooting stick old chap, something to take the weight of the rifle...   :)

He tried the shooting stick

Fell off it backwards into the nettles, ohh how we larfed

#16 holly

holly

holly

• 23,746 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 01:40 PM

Yerrs , that was a bit embarrasing and painful . but col is talking of crossed shooting sticks as in hunting , i think . tell you what i saw at Lea Valley at there  GP ? graham bluck . had a leather belt around his waist , with an alloy rod coming off it that could be lifted to go under his holding arm for standers . had a little cradle at the end for his arm . and guess what , he missed it . ??? HOLLY

#17 Eaton Rifles

Eaton Rifles
  • 11,558 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 07:27 PM

Yerrs , that was a bit embarrasing and painful . but col is talking of crossed shooting sticks as in hunting , i think . tell you what i saw at Lea Valley at there  GP ? graham bluck . had a leather belt around his waist , with an alloy rod coming off it that could be lifted to go under his holding arm for standers . had a little cradle at the end for his arm . and guess what , he missed it . ??? HOLLY

That is the problem with technology, it will only go so far and you look a right idjiot turning up with 'all the gear and no idea' which is commonly how our American cousins are regarded when new into a war zone... ^^

#18 Eaton Rifles

Eaton Rifles
  • 11,558 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 07:34 PM

He tried the shooting stick
Fell off it backwards into the nettles, ohh how we larfed

Pity no one got the shot of that one, pure gold.
I do remember a guy in the mid-eighties who used to shoot a '77 and he was always dressed like he was off to some German boar hunt; complete tweed plus fours and braces. He used a three legged milking stool to sit on while shooting to keep his butt out of the mud and on one occasion he fell off this thing into a puddle. Everyone laughed their socks off except this guy who threw his stool down and stomped off the course in disgust.

#19 holly

holly

holly

• 23,746 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 07:37 PM

Personally , i saw nothing funny in falling into the nettles at all ??? HOLLY

#20 Eaton Rifles

Eaton Rifles
  • 11,558 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 08:05 PM

Personally , i saw nothing funny in falling into the nettles at all ??? HOLLY

It's a perspective thing; from your perspective it was a painful slightly humiliating experience, and from everyone else's perspective it was hilariously funny. See easy.

#21 holly

holly

holly

• 23,746 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 10:34 PM

Still i did go on to clear the course as usual ??? HOLLY :poster_oops: :cheers:

#22 Eaton Rifles

Eaton Rifles
  • 11,558 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 11:52 PM

Still i did go on to clear the course as usual ??? HOLLY :poster_oops: :cheers:

Of course you did and then you woke up right? ^^
I've known you get quite a few 39'rs, tons of 38'rs, but never a clear in a competition? :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users