AirGunForum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

Atherton Indoor Range News

Atherton Indoor Range Airguns Bolton

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Shewolf

Shewolf
  • 6 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Greater Manchester

Posted 12 April 2014 - 01:35 PM

Hello, I'm one of the two new owners of Atherton Indoor Range (AIR) in Greater Manchester and I'm trying to let people know about the changes in ownership and management, as well as the changes being made to the range.

Atherton Indoor Range is a friendly all weather indoor range. The range is 42yds with a 10 metre pistol range. We have many different targets (spinners, bells, sound reactive) as well as paper targets at varying distances, perfect for zeroing your gun. Prone position shooting is available. The range has something for everyone, whether you are a serious shooter, or just want a bit of plinking. We have just reduced range fees to £6, and there is no time limit set on the range, you can shoot all day if you have the energy! Free air fills for guns is provided. Bottles can be filled at a charge of £3.50 for bottles up to and including 7ltr, and £5 for bottles 8ltr to 12 ltr. As of 16/04/14 we will have guns available for rent at an extra charge of £5. We are currently refurbishing the range to improve the facilities and the general shooting experience. We are building a new social area where you will be able to order hot food (hot drinks are already available), and watch a bit of TV or have a chat with your fellow shooters. We are also building what will be a fully stocked shop (pellets are already available at very competitive prices) so you will be able to try a gun before you buy it! Our opening times are -

Mon - Closed

Tues - Closed

Wed - 2pm - 9pm

Thurs - 2pm - 9pm

Fri - 12pm - 9pm

Sat - 9am - 5pm

Sun - 9am - 5pm

Bank Holidays - We are open every bank holiday (except Xmas Period and New Year’s Day) from 10am - 5pm.

Contact number – 07745278372. Please be aware that this will only be answered during opening hours, and is for calls only. Texts will not be answered.

Please note, the website has not yet been updated with the correct details. It will be clear once this has taken place.

Our address is - 1st Floor Victoria Mill,
Bolton Old Road,
Atherton,
Greater Manchester,
M46 9JQ

Feel free to pop in for a look and a chat!

#2 raygun

raygun
  • Administrators
  • 8,567 posts
  • Interests:Airgunning
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Bolton

Posted 07 March 2015 - 08:24 PM

I've been promising myself a visit to AIR for quite some time.

Last Wednesday I gave it a go. After a safety briefing on arrival I then was let to start shooting. The range has multiples of spinners set out from around 10 to 40 yds. Reactive bell targets and a "Musical" fox.

Every so often shooting is halted so you can fix up paper targets for competition or zeroing. I spent around 3 enjoyable hours there but could have stayed all day. The range was full but not overly so and everyone got to shoot for as long as they wished.

Plenty of nice reactive shotgun shells you could bounce all over.

Food is available within the Complex and there is a "Chippy" just up the road.

Shewolf (Becky) has a good set up here and it's well worth a visit.

As a club member I will not be going on a weekly basis as my club has it's own indoor range but I will be visiting again as I really enjoyed it. If your club does not have an indoor range it's a superb place to get your zeroing done out of any wind.

ATB

Ray.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Atherton, Indoor, Range, Airguns, Bolton

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users