AirGunForum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Important Announcement!

The Christmas theme is now active.
If you do not see any changes simply scroll to the very bottom of the page and look for Change Theme, located very bottom left. Click on that link and select the Christmas theme.

Photo

Sharp Innova Parts....

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 OLD JUD

• 902 posts
  • Interests:Shooting perhaps?
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Islamic Republic of Hyde

Posted 03 April 2005 - 01:13 AM

I know that Chambers in Scotland stock seals, but i read somewhere that so-called "Standard" O rings would fit the bill, can any of you folks shed some light on this?

Thanks in advance. wink.gif

#2 Replay

Dedicated to stalking DaveL

• Member.
  • 2,027 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Guns, Lathes, Milling Machines.
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Manchester

Posted 05 April 2005 - 02:23 PM

QUOTE (OLD JUD @ Sun Apr 3 2005, 02:13)
I know that Chambers in Scotland stock seals, but i read somewhere that so-called "Standard" O rings would fit the bill, can any of you folks shed some light on this?

Jud,

I have every part you could ever need for you innova, incluing the piston head.

I also have a brand new stock plus barrel covers.
Just to add to this collection, i also have full seal kits including the hard to get bolt seals too.

wink.gif

Edited by Replay, 05 April 2005 - 02:24 PM.

#3 OLD JUD

• 902 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE (Replay @ Tue Apr 5 2005, 15:23)
QUOTE (OLD JUD @ Sun Apr 3 2005, 02:13)

Jud,

I have every part you could ever need for you innova, incluing the piston head.

I also have a brand new stock plus barrel covers.
Just to add to this collection, i also have full seal kits including the hard to get bolt seals too.

wink.gif

Check yer PM's m8! smile.gif

#4 Replay

• Member.
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 11:30 PM

Hi Jud,

I got mail from you and I have answered.

You may have to be a little patient Jud, as I have a lot of problems at this moment in time.
Nothing to do with guns Jud, just sheep and cattle on the farm mate, but I will help you out Jud, trust me I don’t let anyone down if I can help it.

As I say in my pm to you Jud, I will supply all these parts you need free of charge buddy, no need to think of any prices Jud, you just list the parts and I will send them, but remember what I said in the pm too, this months been a hard one for me, VERY HARD.
sad.gif

#5 OLD JUD

• 902 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 03:51 PM

QUOTE (Replay @ Sat Apr 9 2005, 00:30)
Hi Jud,

I got mail from you and I have answered.

You may have to be a little patient Jud, as I have a lot of problems at this moment in time.
Nothing to do with guns Jud, just sheep and cattle on the farm mate, but I will help you out Jud, trust me I don’t let anyone down if I can help it.

As I say in my pm to you Jud, I will supply all these parts you need free of charge buddy, no need to think of any prices Jud, you just list the parts and I will send them, but remember what I said in the pm too, this months been a hard one for me, VERY HARD.
sad.gif

Thanks for your reply m8, sorry to hear about you farm problems, get yourself sorted out then i'll contact you again.

Theres no rush, the gun is in good working order, but i would like to give it a overhaul to make sure its running to its true potential. wink.gif

Thanks again m8! smile.gif

#6 Guest_Muskett_*

Posted 19 June 2005 - 07:39 PM

Just bought a second hand Innova and twenty shots later its stopped. Air escapes on the first pump.

So should it be fixable, and what ought I need to start; or do I have it out with the chap I bought it from?

Any helpers?

#7 Guest_airsniper_*

Posted 19 June 2005 - 07:46 PM

IF you decide to strip it there is a feature on the Sharp Innova in this month (July) Airgun World.
HTH
Ian

#8 Replay

• Member.
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 08:21 PM

QUOTE (airsniper @ Sun Jun 19 2005, 20:46)
IF you decide to strip it there is a feature on the Sharp Innova in this month (July) Airgun World.
HTH
Ian

Haha, why ian.

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#9 Guest_airsniper_*

Posted 19 June 2005 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE (Replay @ Sun Jun 19 2005, 21:21)
HTH
Ian

Haha, why ian.

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

doh.gif Could it be because its not working right. doh.gif

(I dont know anything about this rifles history. wink.gif )

#10 Replay

• Member.
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 09:13 PM

QUOTE (airsniper @ Sun Jun 19 2005, 21:29)
QUOTE (Replay @ Sun Jun 19 2005, 21:21)
HTH
Ian

Haha, why ian.

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

doh.gif Could it be because its not working right. doh.gif

(I dont know anything about this rifles history. wink.gif )

Ian, i`v not seen you one for ages man, what you been doing my little friend.

thumb.gif

#11 Guest_airsniper_*

Posted 19 June 2005 - 10:01 PM

Out and about Craig. Been very busy with the gun club with its new outdoor range, BASC young shots days, Broughton Hall game fair next Sun., coaching scouts the week after, then its our Charity Shoot.
Keeps me looking young though doesn't it. wink.gif
Aint seen you in the shop for a while. Have you not been breaking your Rapid so much? dunno.gif
See you around.
ATB
Ian thumb.gif

Edited by airsniper, 19 June 2005 - 10:03 PM.

#12 OLD JUD

• 902 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE (Muskett @ Sun Jun 19 2005, 20:39)
Just bought a second hand Innova and twenty shots later its stopped. Air escapes on the first pump.

So should it be fixable, and what ought I need to start; or do I have it out with the chap I bought it from?

Any helpers?

Yes its fixable....all of the seals are still available, and the rest of the components of the air chamber. wink.gif

#13 Guest_Muskett_*

Posted 20 June 2005 - 12:27 AM

Having taken the stock off only, the plastic reciever housing may be cracked through the bottom; or it could be a deep scratch. I'm loath to take it apart further if its the kind of fatal flaw that makes any further work futile. Parts from Chambers soon add up to a tidy sum. If it going to be overhauled what are the parts that should be changed to give it new life.

Its a MKII so what are things that go wrong? I thought they were quite a robust, maintenace free gun, but then what do I know as this is my first one.

I'll get the Airgun World too.

Thanks all, for getting back to me so quickly.

#14 Guest_airsniper_*

Posted 20 June 2005 - 07:22 AM

Personally I would sit down and study the Airgun World article (on Innova stripping) before deciding what to do. If I recall, its many years sicne I last stripped one, they are pretty easy to do and only one easily made peg spanner is needed. I would measure, accurately and note the length of the pump rod before disturbing it. Saves a lot of trial and error on rebuild.
'What are the parts that should be changed?'. Hard to say without actually seeing them but I would give the dumper valve spring/valve a good looking at. Most of the 'O' rings are cheap and easily replaced. Good luck with whatever you decide.

ATB
Ian. smile.gif

#15 OLD JUD

• 902 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 08:12 AM

The Airgun world guide doesn't go into great detail but is a good outline of what to do, if the plastic receiver is past its sell by date, then contact Manchester Airguns, they might still have the receiver that they offered me!

The "Weak points" are the exhaust valve and spring and the trigger block that the exhaust valve settles in.

As Airsniper rightly says, MEASURE the length of the pump rod if you decide to adjust it, or you will become very irritable! wink.gif

Before i forget, circlip pliers will substitute the peg spanner.
What are your intentions with this gun? if you intend keeping it then i would recommend a full rebuild, then assuming the gun isn't abused i.e. over-pumped it should give many years of good service, yes its going to be a little more expensive, but you'll have peace of mind.

Chambers do all the seals and springs, if the exhaust valve is "Past it" try contacting TR Robb, he makes replacement valves.

Edited by OLD JUD, 20 June 2005 - 08:25 AM.

#16 Guest_Muskett_*

Posted 20 June 2005 - 11:40 AM

Fantastic, just the information I need. I talked to the guy I bought it from and the first thing will be to give it a blast of WD40 as its had little use though too much heavy oil for protection. It might be just gunked up.

The gun is A1 condition and not mint as advertised and I paid a lttle too much. Fool me; its now a challenge to get it how I want. It will be a shooterable keeper to add to my collection of 1980's rifles.

I'll buy the article first..study the the information, and then make a decision.

I'll tell you how I get on in a week or so's time.

Old Jud, was the reciever new or just reclaimed, befote I ring?

Thanks all.

#17 OLD JUD

• 902 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 12:34 PM

If i remember correctly it was new, i think he wanted £35 for it, but if he still has it make him an offer...

What are you going to use the WD40 on? Sharp recommend oil on the pivot points, i prefer moly grease, dont use WD40 around the pump head, or you will have a gunked-up air chamber!

#18 Guest_Muskett_*

Posted 20 June 2005 - 05:04 PM

Jud, thanks for that on the spare.

I think the WD40 was to flush it all out. He said he had used deisel for the final flush before. A degreasant spray would be better. Whatever it needs to leave some kind of protection but still be dry with no build up. I use various Gun oils, Triflo, Break Free products and several moly greases depending on what part but non of them would help near the cylender. For the interior it needs to be thin and dry to protect from condensation produced from the compressed air but keep the seals working. Would a dry coat moly spray work? What was that product that was sold not so long ago that one had to warm the part first (hot water) and then gave a protective hard wearing dry covering when dry called?

Anu ideas, all welcome.

#19 OLD JUD

• 902 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE (Muskett @ Mon Jun 20 2005, 18:04)
Jud, thanks for that on the spare.

I think the WD40 was to flush it all out. He said he had used deisel for the final flush before. A degreasant spray would be better. Whatever it needs to leave some kind of protection but still be dry with no build up. I use various Gun oils, Triflo, Break Free products and several moly greases depending on what part but non of them would help near the cylender. For the interior it needs to be thin and dry to protect from condensation produced from the compressed air but keep the seals working. Would a dry coat moly spray work? What was that product that was sold not so long ago that one had to warm the part first (hot water) and then gave a protective hard wearing dry covering when dry called?

Anu ideas, all welcome.

The air chamber is brass m8, but the exhaust valve is steel, i suggest polishing the valve with something like Solvol Autosol, it will smooth it and it has a rust inhibitor, then maybe a coat of Moly paste?

The inlet valve is a steel ball, give that a dab of autosol as well, but if the ball has ANY rust or pitting replace it, or you may have problems, get the PTFE seal upgrade as well. wink.gif

#20 Guest_Muskett_*

Posted 20 June 2005 - 07:29 PM

Have Airgun World, and shouldn't need to ask any more "blind" questions. Now need to find a couple of hours free to work on it without interuption from the wife/children/office. Tell you how it goes when finished.

Thanks.

#21 OLD JUD

• 902 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 09:35 PM

QUOTE (Muskett @ Mon Jun 20 2005, 20:29)
Have Airgun World, and shouldn't need to ask any more "blind" questions. Now need to find a couple of hours free to work on it without interuption from the wife/children/office. Tell you how it goes when finished.

Thanks.

Good luck m8, any probs just shout! wink.gif

#22 Replay

• Member.
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE (Muskett @ Sun Jun 19 2005, 20:39)
Just bought a second hand Innova and twenty shots later its stopped.  Air escapes on the first pump.

Any helpers?

Na problem starts with the cone spring located in the main body.

Check to see if bent, and if bent replace or straighten.

http://www.chambersg.....nova plan.htm

See in the picture the numbered part you need is 37

thumb.gif

Edited by Replay, 25 June 2005 - 09:24 PM.

#23 colj

• 3 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:north yorkshire

Posted 02 June 2017 - 02:02 PM

hi just looking on forum at a post from jud about sharp innova bolt seals the post was from years ago just wandering if he still had spares 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users