AirGunForum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Important Announcement!

Hi Guys and Merry Xmas.
The forums theme was changed this morning to the Xmas theme, but as normal, I doubt it is showing up.
So a quick fix for this is to scroll to the bottom of the page and look for the Change Theme button, located on the bottom left.
Click that and you will be presented with 2 options, simply select the Xmas theme, if that fails, select the 2.3 sense theme and then reselect the Xmas theme.
J-B

Photo

Really small allen keys

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Technocod

• 960 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, farming, eating nice food, starting restoration projects that never seem to get finished, that sort of thing!
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Lincolnshire

Posted 02 September 2004 - 05:09 PM

Ok, I need a supplier of really small allen keys - like the ones in a Meteors trigger unit, as the smallest I can find are to big. Any suggestions?

#2 Guest_JohnG_*

Posted 02 September 2004 - 07:36 PM

Hi Technocod, I had the same problem last year and managed to find everything I needed at Drapers Hardware Store. I managed to get standard metric, BA and everything from 1/64 inch upwards.
Is yours an old or new Meteor? If its the old model then I think that the key you need is a 1/32 or 1/16 inch I can't remember 'cos it was so long ago!

If you don't have a major hardware store near you then let me know and I can send you a selection to try.

John

#3 Guest_boneorchard_*

Posted 06 September 2004 - 02:53 PM

technocod
check out your local guitar shop, a lot of electric guitars have a bridge system that adjust's using really small allen keys an if you talk to guys in the shop nicely they wont charge you as they get them free.

#4 Guest_tony spear_*

Posted 07 September 2004 - 12:50 AM

If you haven't found what you want yet, try here:

Micro-Tools

If they ain't got it, nobody's got it!

Actually, they do hex sets in L or screwdriver form, metric or imperial, from effin tiny to just tiny!

#5 Guest_tony spear_*

Posted 07 September 2004 - 12:51 AM

But I warn you, cheap they ain't!!! ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

Edit: Having said that, I've just remembered that the sets that they sell are made by Wiha and a lot of Car parts shops sell Wiha tools, so it might be worth asking your local Auto parts stockist if they can get them via. their distributor.

Edited by tony spear, 07 September 2004 - 12:56 AM.

#6 Guest_jaeger_*

Posted 07 September 2004 - 12:03 PM

you could try your local pound store, they always have the rolls of alan/hex keys for a £1 although they never last very long and always round off in the end..

or you can definately get them here

http://custom1.farne...gon Keys&Page=1

:qq:

#7 Technocod

• 960 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, farming, eating nice food, starting restoration projects that never seem to get finished, that sort of thing!
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Lincolnshire

Posted 25 October 2004 - 05:42 PM

Cheers for all the replies folks - managed to get a comprehensive set from CPC. Trigger unit now stripped!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users