AirGunForum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

Firearms chat

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 DaveL

DaveL

Forum Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,408 posts
  • Interests:Amateur radio, building electronic equipment.
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Staffordshire

Posted 24 September 2004 - 06:00 PM

Would members please ensure they use the FAC forum for all technical information and detail that could take an airgun over the UK’s legal (unlicensed) limit.

The FAC forum is reserved for those who have a firearms certificate (in the UK) or who are permitted muzzle energies in excess of 12fpe (rifles) and 6fpe (pistols) in their own countries. Access requires the completion of a questionnaire available from admin@airgunforum.net (when requesting, please remember to include your username).

#2 wilam

wilam
  • 338 posts
  • Interests:Into Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.<br /><br />Also enjoy most outdoor activities and the &quot;Ray Mears&quot; type thing.<br /><br />Would love to hear from anyone near to me
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Essex - Braintree

Posted 25 May 2006 - 02:46 PM

ok where is the fac area/zone

#3 DaveL

DaveL

Forum Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,408 posts
  • Interests:Amateur radio, building electronic equipment.
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Staffordshire

Posted 25 May 2006 - 04:43 PM

QUOTE(DaveL @ Fri Sep 24 2004, 19:00) View Post

The FAC forum is reserved for those who have a firearms certificate (in the UK) or who are permitted muzzle energies in excess of 12fpe (rifles) and 6fpe (pistols) in their own countries. Access requires the completion of a questionnaire available from admin@airgunforum.net (when requesting, please remember to include your username).

Is that any clearer? doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif

#4 some bloke

some bloke
  • Member.
  • 299 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:non emmet - living in east midlands

Posted 25 May 2006 - 04:55 PM

I'm a bit deaf in one ear - could you speak a bit louder for me please while I watch your lips? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

worth a bump

#5 wilam

wilam
  • 338 posts
  • Interests:Into Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.<br /><br />Also enjoy most outdoor activities and the &quot;Ray Mears&quot; type thing.<br /><br />Would love to hear from anyone near to me

Posted 01 June 2007 - 12:57 PM

Why is the FAC forum reserved only for those with an FAC ???? !!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(DaveL @ Fri Sep 24 2004, 19:00) View Post

Would members please ensure they use the FAC forum for all technical information and detail that could take an airgun over the UK’s legal (unlicensed) limit.

#6 some bloke

some bloke
  • Member.
  • 299 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:non emmet - living in east midlands

Posted 01 June 2007 - 03:12 PM

Erm - that would be so that only those who have a FAC can get relevant advice and tips about FAC matters to which the UK public should have no access.

#7 AirGunForum

AirGunForum

Forum Super Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,928 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Newcastle-under-Lyme

Posted 01 June 2007 - 06:00 PM

Why, thank you, Mr Bloke. Completely accurate and to the point. thumb.gif clap.gif

adminpower.gif

#8 wilam

wilam
  • 338 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 08:40 AM

I find that terribly restrictive and clandestine!!

Thought we lived in a free society???

How strange!

#9 AirGunForum

AirGunForum

Forum Super Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,928 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Newcastle-under-Lyme

Posted 05 June 2007 - 08:55 AM

Not at all, Wilam. That's how it is. It's a commonsense approach and if you can't see that; well.........

.....and we don't live in a free society - that's only in Cloud cuckoo land. rolleyes2.gif boring.gif

#10 Guest_Andy Westcott_*

Guest_Andy Westcott_*

Posted 09 September 2007 - 10:50 AM

But then there are those of us who have been granted a FAC in the past, or are looking to get one in the future, who may be very interested in reading and/or participating in such discussions.

But I accept the wishes of the admins & mods. smile.gif

#11 Guest_Covenflower_*

Guest_Covenflower_*

Posted 08 January 2009 - 06:36 PM

QUOTE(DaveL @ Fri Sep 24 2004, 19:00) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dear Administrator

Will you please give me excess to the FAC forum please. I have questions about upgrading my Logun s16s. I live in The Netherlands and do not have any limits.

Thanks

John (Covenflower)

#12 Guest_robert-in-notts_*

Guest_robert-in-notts_*

Posted 16 April 2009 - 04:12 PM

how does one get a firearms certificate ive always wunderd how it works

sorry edit, does not matter googled it

Edited by robert-in-notts, 16 April 2009 - 04:13 PM.

#13 gerrybongo

gerrybongo
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:shooting , fishing , motor sports , collecting stuff
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:cheshire

Posted 15 February 2010 - 01:32 AM

I do understand your reasons for limiting access to fac questions , But on saying that its a little harse and demeaning to think most of us are not adult enough to be responsable for useing the fac forum , And not made to feel that fac holders are a elite group above the rest of forum users. There are times you need to know what puts power up to be able to reduce power levels to a legal limit and if people do know they can stay legal to me im reminded of the proabition that did not work also you find out how to make bombs very easilyand i know which i would rather face.Moan over ! ps i do hold a firearms ticket but on princeple will not join that section of this otherwise fantastic forum, thats just my opinion and i am not voiceing for anyone else. yours Gerry

Edited by gerrybongo, 15 February 2010 - 01:34 AM.

#14 sg1

sg1

Early Morning Admin(yawn!!)

• Administrators
  • 1,938 posts
  • Interests:Lightweight Sporting Rifle Competition Shooting,Clay Pigeon Shooting(ESP),Collecting Swords/Knives, Cooking , Computer Repairs and of course my Partner and our 3 kids.
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:South coast, west sussex

Posted 15 February 2010 - 04:10 AM

Feel better for that do we?

#15 Bob Johnson

Bob Johnson
  • Member,
  • 1,015 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:South Yorkshire

Posted 15 February 2010 - 09:50 AM

QUOTE(gerrybongo @ Mon Feb 15 2010, 01:32) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I do understand your reasons for limiting access to fac questions , But on saying that its a little harse and demeaning to think most of us are not adult enough to be responsable for useing the fac forum , And not made to feel that fac holders are a elite group above the rest of forum users. There are times you need to know what puts power up to be able to reduce power levels to a legal limit and if people do know they can stay legal to me im reminded of the proabition that did not work also you find out how to make bombs very easilyand i know which i would rather face.Moan over ! ps i do hold a firearms ticket but on princeple will not join that section of this otherwise fantastic forum, thats just my opinion and i am not voiceing for anyone else. yours Gerry

Those who are adult enough and responsible enough wouldn't question the need, it's obvious, it's to stop those that aren't. As for needing information on how to reduce power, I'm pretty sure that question could be answered in open forum.

#16 kent

kent
  • Member.
  • 965 posts
  • Interests: Rifles and stalking from air to centrefires, Versitile hunting dogs GWP -the best! Flyfishing for wild fish fresh or saltwater. Wildfowling
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:lancashire

Posted 15 February 2010 - 04:17 PM

Thank goodness we have these controls in place wow.gif

#17 gerrybongo

gerrybongo
  • 96 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:03 PM

I agree but i think we need to start with a bit of good old national service to teach some good basic values and install a few morals would not go amiss these days , and i dont meen just for the kids some so called adults could do with a bit of a refresher also.

#18 gerrybongo

gerrybongo
  • 96 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:16 PM

QUOTE(Bob Johnson @ Mon Feb 15 2010, 09:50) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Those who are adult enough and responsible enough wouldn't question the need, it's obvious, it's to stop those that aren't. As for needing information on how to reduce power, I'm pretty sure that question could be answered in open forum.

That without doubt does not include you does it bob

#19 gerrybongo

gerrybongo
  • 96 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:20 PM

QUOTE(wilam @ Tue Jun 5 2007, 08:40) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I find that terribly restrictive and clandestine!!

Thought we lived in a free society???

How strange!

I totally agree with you ive also given my opion but Bob??? seems to think i cant have one lol

#20 Bob Johnson

Bob Johnson
  • Member,
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:20 PM

QUOTE(gerrybongo @ Mon Feb 15 2010, 17:16) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That without doubt does not include you does it bob

I'm not quite sure how you come to that conclusion, I can see the need, it's you that can't. But while we're on the subject, I don't go round sending malicious PM's do I.

#21 gerrybongo

gerrybongo
  • 96 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:22 PM

QUOTE(DaveL @ Thu May 25 2006, 16:43) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is that any clearer? doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif

such agreession hope you dont have a FAC

#22 Bob Johnson

Bob Johnson
  • Member,
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:26 PM

QUOTE(gerrybongo @ Mon Feb 15 2010, 17:22) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is that what you use to stop grey hair "agreession 2000" ??

#23 gerrybongo

gerrybongo
  • 96 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:29 PM

to bob you started it mate only reason for pm was so i knew you got message i said what i had to better things to do ps hope your wife is ok i for one realy knows what she is going through! hence cant be bothered about silly sarcasic puns

#24 gerrybongo

gerrybongo
  • 96 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:30 PM

QUOTE(Bob Johnson @ Mon Feb 15 2010, 17:26) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is that what you use to stop grey hair "agreession 2000" ??

more self importance, OK I CANT SPELL

#25 J-B

J-B

Technical Support

• Super Admin
  • 2,914 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Grantham Lincs - Formerly from Leeds.

Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE(gerrybongo @ Mon Feb 15 2010, 17:22) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, he does have a FAC.

He is also the owner of this forum.

Now, you work the rest out yourself.

#26 Bob Johnson

Bob Johnson
  • Member,
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:52 PM

QUOTE(gerrybongo @ Mon Feb 15 2010, 17:30) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
more self importance, OK I CANT SPELL

Yes, I should apoligise for that one, it's something I rarely do.

I didn't intend my original comments to come across as sarcastic. I've found that arguing on a point of rule within a forum, with the forum owner, is at best foolish. I don't think anyone here has better cause than myself to argue against some rulings and if you'd been here a little longer you'd know what I was talking about. I haven't argued, haven't even really aired my views because it doesn't matter, it won't change. What makes the matter even worse is you appear to arguing against it out of pure awkwardness, being as you could easily access the section by answering a few questions relating to your FAC.

As for my wife, right now she's just finished her last chemo, but it's had some quite nasty side effects and she's ill right now waiting for her counts to rise again...which reminds me it's time to get her stuff together and go to visit......but thanks for your good wishes.

Edited by Bob Johnson, 15 February 2010 - 05:53 PM.

#27 fluffybuck

fluffybuck
  • 3,469 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Near Cambridge - Cambridgeshire

Posted 15 February 2010 - 06:40 PM

QUOTE(gerrybongo @ Mon Feb 15 2010, 01:32) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you have a gun running outside of your preferred muzzle energy, just ask for help on the main airgun forum, or the technical forum.
There are plenty of experienced airgunners, tuners, gunsmiths and sometimes manufacturers, who visit the forums. When you ask on the forums, the knowledge base that you're tapping into is enormous.
Many of those people are more than happy to help - by private message, email, phone - occasionally, some people will even drop round your house with tools and a chrono, and take a look for you - the only price being that you give them a cuppa, a few biscuits and say "thank you". awink.gif

I would also suggest that you be careful of the toes that you tread on, since they may be connected to a size 12 boot that might launch you out of the forum and into cyberspace.

Fluff

#28 gerrybongo

gerrybongo
  • 96 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:22 PM

Thanks for all the help offered and i will be the first to ask if i need to,i know my way round pretty well but no one can know it all, i tend to go direct to daystate although over the years i think i know harriers as much most.The other point im not arguing for the sake of it , just giving my opinion "it is a forum" and wont be bullied into not giving my view regardless of whom it is and if whoever feels so threatened by people whom do so .Just reading back a little Fluffybuck ? well i thought threatening from afar was outlawed by this forum , just a quick update ive just re-joined and have been a member for a long time my name is different but i remember a few on here at present SO im not a newbie so boot all you want fluffyboot , but it is a total farce to say those things and allow boss ! ,it feels like there are 2 rule books , ive given a opion, ive had a sarcastic reply, and a couple of the good old boys have jumped in with attitude my mates the boss But you cant get away from the fact that its childish threat ,Do i want to be part of this? not if its changed so much to get this .THING is fluffyslipper im dying aint long left SO I CAN say how it is , so go bully somone who gives a f....

Edited by gerrybongo, 15 February 2010 - 07:25 PM.

#29 hughgoldsmith

hughgoldsmith
  • Administrators
  • 1,436 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Dorset

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:59 PM

Ok Gerry, you have just posted up a load of chat. No useful posts, just whinging. You posted you opinion that's fine, you don't agree that the FAC forum is restricted...... That isn't going to change anything. It is restricted for good and very obvious reason and it is going to stay that way.

You can stop bad nothing good and respected member of this forum right away. Fluffy in particular is a fountain of knowledge and has contributed far more to this forum than you are ever likely to do.

So here is my advise to you, stop puffing up your chest and getting flustered, you already have given me more than enough reason to ban you as you have openly stated that this is your second account which is clearly stated in our rules as not allowed. So settle down, post some useful constructive post, or feel free to leave and don't come back or keep pushing people and get banned the choice is yours.

Hugh

#30 fluffybuck

fluffybuck
  • 3,469 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Near Cambridge - Cambridgeshire

Posted 16 February 2010 - 09:52 AM

QUOTE(gerrybongo @ Mon Feb 15 2010, 19:22) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for all the help offered and i will be the first to ask if i need to,i know my way round pretty well but no one can know it all, i tend to go direct to daystate although over the years i think i know harriers as much most.The other point im not arguing for the sake of it , just giving my opinion "it is a forum" and wont be bullied into not giving my view regardless of whom it is and if whoever feels so threatened by people whom do so .Just reading back a little Fluffybuck ? well i thought threatening from afar was outlawed by this forum , just a quick update ive just re-joined and have been a member for a long time my name is different but i remember a few on here at present SO im not a newbie so boot all you want fluffyboot , but it is a total farce to say those things and allow boss ! ,it feels like there are 2 rule books , ive given a opion, ive had a sarcastic reply, and a couple of the good old boys have jumped in with attitude my mates the boss But you cant get away from the fact that its childish threat ,Do i want to be part of this? not if its changed so much to get this .THING is fluffyslipper im dying aint long left SO I CAN say how it is , so go bully somone who gives a f....

My earlier comment was a tongue-in-cheek reference to the fact that you made a poke a Dave L, which is unwise, given that he's in charge round here.
If you went to work and insulted your boss, you would expect to get into trouble for it.
If you come on here and start insulting the owner (such as your 17:22 post yesterday, which was only a mild insult) (which I referred to as "stepping on his toes"), then you can expect him to take a dislike to you and if you persist with your behavior and attitude you might end up being deleted ("connected to the size 12 boot").

Just be grateful that someone foots the bill and takes care of all the IT and admin stuff for a forum such as this.

If you don't like the way any of the current forums work, you could start one of your own.

-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users