AirGunForum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Important Announcement!

Hi Guys and Merry Xmas.
The forums theme was changed this morning to the Xmas theme, but as normal, I doubt it is showing up.
So a quick fix for this is to scroll to the bottom of the page and look for the Change Theme button, located on the bottom left.
Click that and you will be presented with 2 options, simply select the Xmas theme, if that fails, select the 2.3 sense theme and then reselect the Xmas theme.
J-B

Piston Class at World Championship

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_airguneditor_*

Posted 16 December 2001 - 11:02 AM

I've been to the BFTA site but can find no mention of who was shooting what in the piston class. Does anyone know what the top 10 were shooting?

#2 Guest_Melvyn_*

Posted 16 December 2001 - 02:08 PM

Most of them were shooting  Air Arms TX200's  I think Dave Jackson use's a Whiscombe unsure about Dave Mills

Melvyn

#3 Guest_MacGator_*

Posted 16 December 2001 - 03:42 PM

Quote (Melvyn @ Dec. 15 2001,2:08)
Most of them were shooting  Air Arms TX200's  I think Dave Jackson use's a Whiscombe unsure about Dave Mills

Melvyn

Melvyn,

How many of the TX's were SR? Any idea?

Mac

#4 Guest_peterh_*

Posted 16 December 2001 - 04:04 PM

Both Norwegians were shooting a TX200 (not the SR version) and John Smeding was using a HW90, would you believe it.

peter

#5 Guest_Melvyn_*

Posted 16 December 2001 - 04:55 PM

No TX200SR as I know of ,all Standard TX's Stephen Garrett's was a carbine as I remember

Melvyn

#6 Guest_MacGator_*

Posted 16 December 2001 - 05:03 PM

Quote (peterh @ Dec. 15 2001,4:04)
Both Norwegians were shooting a TX200 (not the SR version) and John Smeding was using a HW90, would you believe it.

peter

Peter,

Are you counting Andy Kays as a Norwegian? I have nothing against SR's being used in the Pistion Class, in fact I beleive that is where they ought to be. But, it is nice to see that not everyone is using them. I have never shot a well tuned HW90, but I would like to.

Mac

#7 Guest_airguneditor_*

Posted 17 December 2001 - 10:16 AM

Thanks to all. I took third in the piston class at the NYS Championships with an untuned HW-77k shooting kodiaks at 700fps.

#8 Guest_peterh_*

Posted 17 December 2001 - 06:09 PM

Quote (MacGator @ Dec. 16 2001,17:03)
Are you counting Andy Kays as a Norwegian?

Yep :D

#9 Guest_springpiston_*

Posted 31 December 2001 - 06:02 PM

Strange - there was a weird little smiley on the 'yep' post a while ago !

The BFTA results list is not entirely correct, 'cos the other Nordmann (Tom Øverland) was shooting a precharged BEESA.

#10 Jon

• 2,416 posts

Posted 01 January 2002 - 03:36 AM

Dave M used one of his MDS guns at the Worlds Melvyn?

1st place was a Ripley AR5S and Leupold 50 mag vari x 3, best springer was a joint 98th place.

#11 Guest_keggyhander_*

Posted 01 January 2002 - 02:55 PM

Quote (Jon @ Jan. 01 2002,03:36)

Dave M used one of his MDS guns at the Worlds Melvyn.

1st place was a Ripley AR5S and Leupold 50 mag vari x 3, best springer was a joint 98th place.

Dave Mills shot with a Weihrauch HW77.

My bro shot with him.

------------
Wayne

#12 Guest_Dave M_*

Posted 05 January 2002 - 07:11 PM

Dave M used one of his MDS guns at the Worlds Melvyn.

Dave Mills shot with a Weihrauch HW77.

My bro shot with him.

------------
Wayne

Dave M definitely did not! He was only just back from nearly snuffing it in Holland!
Dave Mills however was using his HW77 (and not mine!;) :f

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users