AirGunForum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Rangefinder Scopes

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_pelletking_*

Guest_pelletking_*

Posted 07 January 2002 - 07:51 PM

Hi All

I wish to buy a better scope to help me improve my FT scores would welcome your thoughts. I am looking at the BSA Platium side wheel :l  ut open to suggestion for around £250

Thanks

Gary ;)

#2 Jon

Jon
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 08 January 2002 - 12:28 AM

£250 seems to be the going secondhand rate for one of them. Thats how much i paid hated it was an understatement and sold it the following day. :)

#3 Guest_Daz_*

Guest_Daz_*

Posted 08 January 2002 - 07:39 AM

Horses for courses, mate. I had a 10-50x60 BSA and couldn't fault it (other than the fact that it was too big to put on any other gun apart from an FT rig.. :0 )

I found the rangefinding was easy but I did have to get a custom sidewheel put on it to allow greater differential between 40 and 55 yrd ranges.

Aint got it now, gone back to basics with a 3-9 x 52/44 (one of those EXP things)

All the best

Daz

#4 HotShot

HotShot
  • 800 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:South Yorkshire

Posted 08 January 2002 - 12:39 PM

Gary - I have used several FT scopes and I find the Big BSA to be spot on.

My scope has the Ian Taylor Side Wheel extension and it is fantastic for ranging out to 60 yards.

Negative comments I have heard are that the quality can vary from scope to scope, the turrets are only 1/8th MOA and some people don't like the crosshair (thin lines + single dot in centre).

If you haven't bought a scope by the TD shoot then you can have a look through mine and give it a try.

Dave.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users