AirGunForum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Important Announcement!

Hi Guys and Merry Xmas.
The forums theme was changed this morning to the Xmas theme, but as normal, I doubt it is showing up.
So a quick fix for this is to scroll to the bottom of the page and look for the Change Theme button, located on the bottom left.
Click that and you will be presented with 2 options, simply select the Xmas theme, if that fails, select the 2.3 sense theme and then reselect the Xmas theme.
J-B

Rangefinder Scopes

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_pelletking_*

Posted 07 January 2002 - 07:51 PM

Hi All

I wish to buy a better scope to help me improve my FT scores would welcome your thoughts. I am looking at the BSA Platium side wheel :l  ut open to suggestion for around £250

Thanks

Gary ;)

#2 Jon

• 2,418 posts

Posted 08 January 2002 - 12:28 AM

£250 seems to be the going secondhand rate for one of them. Thats how much i paid hated it was an understatement and sold it the following day. :)

#3 Guest_Daz_*

Posted 08 January 2002 - 07:39 AM

Horses for courses, mate. I had a 10-50x60 BSA and couldn't fault it (other than the fact that it was too big to put on any other gun apart from an FT rig.. :0 )

I found the rangefinding was easy but I did have to get a custom sidewheel put on it to allow greater differential between 40 and 55 yrd ranges.

Aint got it now, gone back to basics with a 3-9 x 52/44 (one of those EXP things)

All the best

Daz

#4 HotShot

• 801 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:South Yorkshire

Posted 08 January 2002 - 12:39 PM

Gary - I have used several FT scopes and I find the Big BSA to be spot on.

My scope has the Ian Taylor Side Wheel extension and it is fantastic for ranging out to 60 yards.

Negative comments I have heard are that the quality can vary from scope to scope, the turrets are only 1/8th MOA and some people don't like the crosshair (thin lines + single dot in centre).

If you haven't bought a scope by the TD shoot then you can have a look through mine and give it a try.

Dave.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users