AirGunForum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

v mach

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_paul67_*

Guest_paul67_*

Posted 09 April 2007 - 06:56 PM

anybody got any thoughts on v mach tuning kits .i recently went to buy one for my hw77,but was told by my local gun shop that they where a waist of time and money and that i should just strip the gun and re-loub with moly grease .any ideas?

#2 Guest_stankrh_*

Guest_stankrh_*

Posted 09 April 2007 - 07:14 PM

fit a gas ram??

#3 raygun

raygun
  • Administrators
  • 8,404 posts
  • Interests:Airgunning
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Bolton

Posted 09 April 2007 - 07:27 PM

QUOTE(stankrh @ Mon Apr 9 2007, 20:14) View Post

fit a gas ram??

To a 77.
abiggrin.gif abiggrin.gif

ATB
Ray.

#4 Guest_stankrh_*

Guest_stankrh_*

Posted 09 April 2007 - 08:34 PM

confused.gif confused.gif sorry brain -poot- wasnt thinkin

#5 stavros

stavros
  • 172 posts
  • Interests:Target shooting with air rifles &amp; muzzleloaders<br />Building, shooting &amp; collecting muzzleloaders
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Kos

Posted 09 April 2007 - 08:46 PM

I hope your local gunshop is wrong paul67, 'cos i'm ordering one for one of my 77s!! sad.gif

Stavros

#6 Guest_freewind_*

Guest_freewind_*

Posted 10 April 2007 - 07:15 PM

Just goes to show how little some of the staff know in some of these shops. Fitting the VMach kit to an HW77 is probably the most rewarding mod that you will ever do to an air gun. It will transform the recoil cycle which can only aid accuracy. And yes I did fit one to an HW77 of mine.

JUST DO IT.

Andy Y

Edited by freewind, 10 April 2007 - 07:16 PM.

#7 Guest_Sam_*

Guest_Sam_*

Posted 10 April 2007 - 08:22 PM

I currently have a small waiting list for various springers which my customers have requested that I fit V-mach kits and tune for them.

As the old saying goes, how can a million china-men all be wrong? awink.gif

Y.H.P.M smile.gif

#8 Guest_paul67_*

Guest_paul67_*

Posted 11 April 2007 - 03:26 PM

thanks for advice lads .i have one ordered from BARand once fitted will let you all know how it is

#9 yana

yana
  • Member.
  • 510 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Zuid-Holland

Posted 12 April 2007 - 06:18 PM

That indeed is bull@#$%! VMach is a great company, they do great work, they can and will really transform yr springer if you let them! I knów, I own several lazaglided Tommy's ánd Cobra! smile.gif

#10 Guest_ahatton_*

Guest_ahatton_*

Posted 23 April 2007 - 03:15 PM

about a year ago ......
i was told by my local rfd (where i live) that because i bought the kit from someone else (vmach 12ftlbs) they cant fit it legally. ?? dunno.gif .
they said if they fitted the kit and it went 1FPS over the 12ftlbs they`d burn the gun, or have it taken away by the police.
thats why i`ve orderd one from sam....

the local rfd were generally rude.
i also asked if they fitted the kit `could they turn the power down by taking out a washer or two`
the answer was `no !!!` -once it goes fac it stays fac.....

we live in strange times..

Edited by ahatton, 23 April 2007 - 03:16 PM.

#11 raygun

raygun
  • Administrators
  • 8,404 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 06:02 PM

If a sub 12 fpe gun goes over, you have an over power gun. It's not FAC because it's never been "On ticket" so therefore never registered as a FAC gun.
Some Police authorities will allow a gun to be taken "Off ticket" but most won't.

To say a sub 12 fpe gun once passing 12 fpe is then FAC is a load of rubbish. It may well be in the power classification but will not be officially a FAC gun. It will be illegal to hold and use unless put on ticket or the power reduced.

As for a RFD refusing to fit the kit, that is his perogative but there is nothing illegal about fitting it yourself, or getting a mate to do it for you.

ATB
Ray.

Edited by raygun, 23 April 2007 - 06:04 PM.

#12 fluffybuck

fluffybuck
  • 3,469 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Near Cambridge - Cambridgeshire

Posted 23 April 2007 - 09:53 PM

Ray, what ahatton has said above is exactly what he said to me down the phone several months or more ago.
In the end, in fear of losing his HW97K if he let a local RFD fit the kit and set it up, he DIY fitted a V-Mach1 to his HW97K and borrowed one of my chrono's and some of my many pellets to check the power and consistency.

But one or two of our local gunshops (mentioning no names) are known for having some strange ideas and policies.

dunno.gif

#13 Guest_Sam_*

Guest_Sam_*

Posted 23 April 2007 - 11:21 PM

QUOTE(ahatton @ Mon Apr 23 2007, 16:15) View Post

about a year ago ......
i was told by my local rfd (where i live) that because i bought the kit from someone else (vmach 12ftlbs) they cant fit it legally. ?? dunno.gif .
they said if they fitted the kit and it went 1FPS over the 12ftlbs they`d burn the gun, or have it taken away by the police.
thats why i`ve orderd one from sam....

the local rfd were generally rude.
i also asked if they fitted the kit `could they turn the power down by taking out a washer or two`
the answer was `no !!!` -once it goes fac it stays fac.....

we live in strange times..

Which is utter, utter boll*ks! amad.gif
Really annoys me that some dealers have this attitude!

Take it from another RFD, it is not a firearm untill logged as such in the dealers register!
If the gunsmith tuning the rifle put it back together and found it was doing 12.1ft/lbs, so what? he's a dealer for christs sake and its perfectly legal for him to be in posession.

As you rightly said, all it needs is the removal of a washer (or coil) to return it to sub 12ft/lbs, and hey presto.

I take it your dealer either didn't know how to tune springers, or didn't think there was enough money in it for him? Either way, a very poor attitude! rolleyes2.gif

#14 ikarma70

ikarma70
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 06:36 AM

i have a v-mach kit in my hw35 with a lazaglide spring and it shoots brilliantly,smooth,fast lock(k barrel),virtually no recoil and well worth the money.

if you go directly through Steve Pope you can get the kits cheaper,i paid £58 inc P&P for mine.

#15 Guest_ahatton_*

Guest_ahatton_*

Posted 24 April 2007 - 08:21 AM

QUOTE(fluffybuck @ Mon Apr 23 2007, 22:53) View Post

But one or two of our local gunshops (mentioning no names) are known for having some strange ideas and policies.

dunno.gif

well funny policies...... it just really upsets me, the rfd i`ll make a killing in airgunsales as soon as the vcr bill is passed. second hand guns in the guys shop cost more than new ones.

i think my next gun will be my last sad.gif

#16 raygun

raygun
  • Administrators
  • 8,404 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 08:24 AM

I think the sad part of this is that a RFD is actually telling lies to a potential customer. If he is prepared to do this maybe it's a good thing that business goes away from him.

Could you trust him to do the job right?

ATB
Ray.

#17 ikarma70

ikarma70
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 10:30 AM

QUOTE(raygun @ Tue Apr 24 2007, 09:24) View Post

I think the sad part of this is that a RFD is actually telling lies to a potential customer. If he is prepared to do this maybe it's a good thing that business goes away from him.

Could you trust him to do the job right?

ATB
Ray.

wouldn't trust him with the time of day smile.gif

#18 Artfull-Bodger

Artfull-Bodger
  • 955 posts
  • Interests:Hillclimb and Sprint racing<br />F1<br />Motorsports in general<br />Engineering<br />Fishing<br />Fiddling with old springers(air rifles that is not dogs)

Posted 24 April 2007 - 02:37 PM

I'm amazed an RFD is basically bullsh**ing a customer in a lousy attempt to grab a few more quid!

if you build up a rifle with new parts and then test it , if its over the 12ft/lbs then you simply dissasemble it and adjust, as an RFD hes perfectly entitled to do the work, in fact I sincerely doubt the law would take a dim view of anyone testing and readjusting a newly assembled rifle down to comply with the law, especially if the weapon has not even left the workshop, I mean how exactly are you supposed to set it up in the first place otherwise!

#19 Guest_ahatton_*

Guest_ahatton_*

Posted 25 April 2007 - 11:52 AM

i could have lost the whole lot, and paid them to destroy everything.
97k- 300
vmach 65
service and install 30

i could have paid 30 quid to loose 365 quid.

he potentionally could have not bothered to fit the kit and just say it was over. all this because i wanted my gun to be better and still legal.

i thought i was doing the right thing, going to a rfd to improve/ modify my gun and chrono check if it still complied with the law. i thought thats the way it should be.
i guess i was wrong.

#20 raygun

raygun
  • Administrators
  • 8,404 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 12:00 PM

I don't think it was you that was wrong.

It's just a pity you managed to find a pillock of a RFD. If you had gone to most others you would have been told a different story.

ATB
Ray.

#21 Guest_sidesy_*

Guest_sidesy_*

Posted 25 April 2007 - 12:15 PM

V mach fpr airguns, is what zonda is for cars. Dont forget a car salesman will tell you honda's are unreliable if he wants to sell you his ford on the forecourt. They (venom) were and no doubt still are on the upper echelon of airgun tuning...my advice...GO FOR IT!!..if you dont like it, they sell second hand for almost the same price.. awink.gif

#22 springboy

springboy

FT Extraudinair

• 1,131 posts
  • Interests:Shooting,Fishing,and my family
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:essex

Posted 25 April 2007 - 08:31 PM

Sounds dodgy to me,he would've more likely told you he has burnt it and then sold it in he's shop as a second hand rifle.I would name and shame him on the forum. thumbdown.gif

#23 Guest_HarryPotter_*

Guest_HarryPotter_*

Posted 27 April 2007 - 03:30 PM

The V-Mach kits are definately worth the money and I think are the best value of their kind due to you getting a (really good) seal, lubes etc. in with the kit.

As for fitting if you don't want to do it yourself try finding somebody local (professionally or at a club that knows what they are doing) to fit it for you as there is much more to tuning than simply banging the kit in.

The result should be tighter, quieter, smoother and more pleasureable to use.

Edited by HarryPotter, 27 April 2007 - 03:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users