AirGunForum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

LASER BORE SIGHTERS

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_straightshooter_*

Guest_straightshooter_*

Posted 31 December 2007 - 02:29 PM

sign_help.gif HAS ANYONE HAD ANY EXPERIENCE WITH ONE OF THESE LASER BORE SIGHTERS I AM THINKING OF GETTING ONE? HOW DO THEY WORK, ARE THEY ANY GOOD AND WHATS THE BEST WAY TO ZERO A 3-9X50 SIGHT WITH ONE OF THESE AT A RNGE OF 30 YARDS

#2 Guest_straightshooter_*

Guest_straightshooter_*

Posted 31 December 2007 - 02:33 PM

sign_help.gif HAS ANYONE HAD ANY EXPERIENCE WITH ONE OF THESE LASER BORE SIGHTERS I AM THINKING OF GETTING ONE? HOW DO THEY WORK, ARE THEY ANY GOOD AND WHATS THE BEST WAY TO ZERO A 3-9X50 SIGHT WITH ONE OF THESE AT A RNGE OF 30 YARDS

#3 Guest_wlambert_*

Guest_wlambert_*

Posted 31 December 2007 - 04:43 PM

I have a Site Lite Mag Laser SRL-100 and am very happy with it. I comes with a target that has a bubble level and a special lense that turns the laser dot into a horizontal line. This makes adjusting the scope so that the cross hairs are properly alligned relatively easy.

I just got a new Tech Force Contender 89 and used the Site Lite to set it up. I made the initial adjustment in my basement. When I got to the range, it was overcast, and I was able to see the dot at 25 yards. The dot was about 2' in diamater but it was easy enough to set the cross hairs on the center. As you would expect, the actual POI for the "springer" was about 2 inches high and right. Not bad.

There is one problem for air gunners with this model. It is good for all calibers from .22 to .50 cal and 20Ga. and 12Ga. shotgun. Will not work with .177 and .20. There might be others out there that will work.

There are some pictures out there of a fellow who forgot to remove a Site Lite from a high powered rifle before firing it. The barrel is folded back like a bananna peal, and they took the man away on a stretcher looking pretty beat up around his face. Not nice. If you take this thing to the range, you need to really pay attention to what you are doing.

Hope this helps.

wlambert

#4 Guest_straightshooter_*

Guest_straightshooter_*

Posted 31 December 2007 - 04:51 PM

thanks

there are two im looking at on ebay firstly:
http://cgi.ebay.co.u...ShippingPayment

secondly:
http://cgi.ebay.co.u...e...A:IT&ih=023

let me know what you think

#5 Don

Don

'The Squirrelbasher'

• Member.
  • 2,473 posts
  • Interests:Movies, computers, motorbikes (big & fast!), & airgun/rimfire hunting
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:New Forest, Hampshire

Posted 31 December 2007 - 04:58 PM

I have a Bushnell one, and it is very good at getting you on paper without firing a shot. The Bushnell doesn't cater for .177cal, but arbors for .22cal to .50cal, and 20 and 12 bore shotguns.

To use it, you fit the arbor of your choice, push it gently in the bore (not a silencer!), give it a gentle twist to get it tight (ish). Then with the rifle rested, and a target set up ut your desired range (I use a piece of A4 paper), now adjust the windage and elevation until the dot is in the centre of the crosshairs.

Remove the boresighter, and finalise your zero, very simple.

Hope that helps,

Don

#6 Don

Don

'The Squirrelbasher'

• Member.
  • 2,473 posts
  • Interests:Movies, computers, motorbikes (big & fast!), & airgun/rimfire hunting
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:New Forest, Hampshire

Posted 31 December 2007 - 05:01 PM

I have a Bushnell one, and it is very good at getting you on paper without firing a shot. The Bushnell doesn't cater for .177cal, but arbors for .22cal to .50cal, and 20 and 12 bore shotguns.

To use it, you fit the arbor of your choice, push it gently in the bore (not a silencer!), give it a gentle twist to get it tight (ish). Then with the rifle rested, and a target set up at your desired range (I use a piece of A4 paper), now adjust the windage and elevation until the dot is in the centre of the crosshairs.

Remove the boresighter, and finalise your zero, very simple.

Hope that helps,

Don

#7 springboy

springboy

FT Extraudinair

• 1,131 posts
  • Interests:Shooting,Fishing,and my family
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:essex

Posted 01 January 2008 - 01:16 AM

I was looking into getting one of these,but like you said they don't cater for .177 or .20 confused.gif Is there a reason for this,i just find it strange that they do them for shotguns but not .177 or .20

#8 Guest_wlambert_*

Guest_wlambert_*

Posted 01 January 2008 - 01:32 AM

QUOTE(springboy @ Mon Dec 31 2007, 20:16) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was looking into getting one of these,but like you said they don't cater for .177 or .20 confused.gif Is there a reason for this,i just find it strange that they do them for shotguns but not .177 or .20

Maybe their market survey did not include air gun people. On the other hand, the .17 rimfire seems to be gaining in popularity, so maybe they will release a model that goes down to .17.

wlambert

#9 Guest_straightshooter_*

Guest_straightshooter_*

Posted 12 January 2008 - 11:15 PM

thanks guys ill take it all on board and let you know how i get on when i get mine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users