AirGunForum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

How can I tell if my S410 has anti tamper?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 pirellip

pirellip
  • Member.
  • 11 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Toronto, Ontario

Posted 31 October 2008 - 04:36 PM

Hello All,

I live in Canada (where anything over 500fps is a firearm, so all good air rifles are registered) and I've just ordered a .177 12ftlb AA S410 Carbine (they don't make any non 12ftlb .177 cal in the Carbine)

How do I know if it's anti tamper and what exactly is it (glue, break away bolts)? I was told by the distributor http://www.topgun-airguns.com/ that it's just a different sized allen screw - but it can't be just that..

I know you're forum rules, so please feel free to pm me if needed.

thanks,
Tom.

#2 Guest_Loonboy_*

Guest_Loonboy_*

Posted 31 October 2008 - 05:48 PM

hi mate
ill take the plunge here to awnser without being deemed to have broken any rules.
the anti tamper is located just under the magazine on the right hand side of the gun, its a little silver banking cap or a little grub screw with a pin in the middle or a normal grub screw.
one of those three things

if you got a normal grub screw it can be adjusted and hence would be deemed a "pre anti tamper model"

if you got a silver blanking cap or a grub screw with a pin inthe centre itll be an anti tamper model cos you cant remove it.

I just want to clarify im only saying this for you to be able to identify the model and hence know what to advertise it to sell it for example.
i hope this is enough info to identify what model youve got , cos its all you will get regarding this i think mate.

i hope this is ok admin, plse delete if not
regards
John

Edited by Loonboy, 31 October 2008 - 05:59 PM.

#3 pirellip

pirellip
  • Member.
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 03:09 AM

Thanks for your help, now I know what to look for.

#4 Guest_Airflame_*

Guest_Airflame_*

Posted 02 November 2008 - 11:23 AM

There's more - The bolt housing/breech block is secured with six allen screws. If it's anti tamper there will be 2 which don't appear to have a head. That's because they are screwed in from underneath, then the heads are covered by a blanking cap.
Further to this, the 'anti tamper' screw mentioned in the above post can be a normal button head allen screw even on anti tamper models. My 2007 model has a normal screw here but has the anti tamper bolt housing screws. Even so, dismantling for servicing is straight forward and the AT is not a problem that should put you off.

Edited by Airflame, 02 November 2008 - 11:32 AM.

#5 pirellip

pirellip
  • Member.
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 05:19 AM

Gotcha, so the distributor was partially correct, he implied it was still possible to access the internals.

My goal is to keep it as a sub 12ftlb FT rifle (in North America, we call this style of shooting 'international class' as we allow FT rifles to go up to 20fpe)

I just want to tune it out so I can gain some consistency (flatten out the power curve) and increase the number of shots.

I know it can be done (as BTAS do without adding a regulator) but I'm in the dark as to exactly how to do it; the U.S. forums all focus on POWER (not my cup of tea) and the U.K. forums don't allow for detailed discussion - and it's not practical to send my rifle into Ben... I wish I could get some tips.

#6 pirellip

pirellip
  • Member.
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 04:41 AM

even though it's new (cylinder is stamped 10/07 and rifle box is dated 03/08) it doesn't have the anti tamper, so all's good!

#7 ratae

ratae
  • 38 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Midlands

Posted 13 November 2008 - 12:09 PM

QUOTE(Airflame @ Sun Nov 2 2008, 11:23) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's more - The bolt housing/breech block is secured with six allen screws. If it's anti tamper there will be 2 which don't appear to have a head. That's because they are screwed in from underneath, then the heads are covered by a blanking cap.
Further to this, the 'anti tamper' screw mentioned in the above post can be a normal button head allen screw even on anti tamper models. My 2007 model has a normal screw here but has the anti tamper bolt housing screws. Even so, dismantling for servicing is straight forward and the AT is not a problem that should put you off.

This is not quite accurate! My own (now sold) S400 has two of the six breech housing bolts secured from underneath.And it's also not a/t.

I recently corresponded with AA about this gun...read on...

To AA..

Hello,I'm hoping that you can help me!
I own a AA S400 classic .22 rifle. The date on the cylinder is March '06 and the serial number of the rifle is 061079.
I am in the process of selling this rifle to fund the purchase of a TX200hc,and I need to know if this S400 is fitted with anti-tamper measures, as the prospective buyer wants this information.
I don't believe that this rifle is A/T, but as I myself bought it second hand,I'm not absolutely sure! Can you please confirm or refute my opinion.

Many thanks..xxxxxxxxxxxx

Reply...

Dear xxxx,

The rifle with Serial number 61079 was manufactured in May 2006. It therefore is not anti-tamper as this was only introduced on rifles manufactured after October 2007.

Kind regards,
Air Arms

I hope this clears things up!

Edited by ratae, 13 November 2008 - 12:25 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users