AirGunForum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Important Announcement!

Hi Guys and Merry Xmas.
The forums theme was changed this morning to the Xmas theme, but as normal, I doubt it is showing up.
So a quick fix for this is to scroll to the bottom of the page and look for the Change Theme button, located on the bottom left.
Click that and you will be presented with 2 options, simply select the Xmas theme, if that fails, select the 2.3 sense theme and then reselect the Xmas theme.
J-B

V-Mach or Maccari tune kit HW35

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_IANBARRETT_*

Posted 25 January 2009 - 05:18 PM

V-Mach or Maccari tune kit HW35

I'm looking for a tune kit for my HW35 and was wondering if anyone has a preference and why good or bad between V-Mach or Maccari.

Thanks
Ian.

#2 stavros

• 172 posts
  • Interests:Target shooting with air rifles &amp; muzzleloaders<br />Building, shooting &amp; collecting muzzleloaders
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Kos

Posted 25 January 2009 - 07:51 PM

Nothing wrong with either of them Ian, i have used V-Mach kits and cannot fault them. They are British and Steve Pope is a good bloke to deal with, i wouldn't use anything else.
Jim Maccari kits are a bit cheaper, i believe. Like i said, i'm very happy with V-Mach so i would recomend them.

Regards, Stavros rolleyes.gif

#3 ikarma70

• 1,087 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 10:18 PM

i had a v mach kit in my old hw35.....smoothed the action out a treat.

also bear in mind that buying from the u.s. with the current exchange rates u.s. goods may not be such a bargain.

#4 Guest_IANBARRETT_*

Posted 27 January 2009 - 08:59 PM

Bought myself a Chrono and tested the rifle tonight at 9.55ftlbs, .22 sad.gif

I then plucked up the courage and decided to strip the rifle, this was so easy and it is the later synthetic version, the breech seal also looks old.

Put it back together and still showing the same power so I'm glad it went back together ok.

Do you think that the full tuning kit is going to help.

Thanks
Ian

#5 Guest_Loonboy_*

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:17 PM

V-Mach
its good and above all its British mate

In an old 35 youd expect 10 ish
was it the old leather seal?

whack a V-Mach in it mate, treat yourself , sort your power and support British enginerring

Edited by Loonboy, 27 January 2009 - 10:19 PM.

#6 Guest_IANBARRETT_*

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:50 PM

It is the later synthetic seal.

Do you think that the V Mach will make a difference.

Thanks
Ian

#7 ikarma70

• 1,087 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 08:32 AM

my 35 was doing 10.7ft.lbs. after i sized the v mach seal and polish all the internals and was smooth when it was .177.

originally it was a .22 and initial testing after fitting made it a little hot(but very very smooth) so i had to remove the washers and all was ok.

#8 Guest_Loonboy_*

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:03 AM

QUOTE(IANBARRETT @ Tue Jan 27 2009, 22:50) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is the later synthetic seal.

Do you think that the V Mach will make a difference.

Thanks
Ian

definately mate it will
treat yaself , go on you know you want to =0)

#9 Guest_IANBARRETT_*

Posted 28 January 2009 - 02:06 PM

Could not help myself and ordered a full kit today, including a new breech seal.

I will let you know how I get on, my only concern is knowing which parts to lube and how much smile.gif

#10 tigger

• 2,557 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Norfolk

Posted 31 January 2009 - 02:17 PM

Check out the spring gun tuning sticky on the airgunBBS, all you need to know about spring gun fettling but were afraid to ask!

(Under useful airgun/shooting tips heading)

Edited by tigger, 31 January 2009 - 02:22 PM.

#11 Guest_IANBARRETT_*

Posted 18 February 2009 - 08:07 PM

V-mach help

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone,

Just finished fitting my V-Mach kit and must have read the instructions for over a week, I did everything as per the instructions and just put it back together and tried a test fire and it fells so much better and sounds better, so thought i better try over my chrono as I fitted two washers and the nylon spacer.
Before it was showing approx 9.5 and now 3.2 to 3.8 I have no idea what is wrong, I did also change the breach seal the only thing I was not happy with was how tight the piston washer was.

I have tried about 50 pellets and no change it just starts to go up and then back down.

I'm so fed up now

There is no smell or smoke when fired.

#12 TheNightHawk®

The NightHawk

• 204 posts
  • Interests:Guns,Bikes,Cars,Computers
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Ankara

Posted 13 March 2009 - 02:08 PM

i think you have to size the piston seal mate.

#13 Guest_Nigey42_*

Posted 15 March 2009 - 09:33 PM

Hello Ian,

I V-mached my cherished old HW35e last year (see thread 36228) and the results were wonderful - although I haven't chrono'd it since the tune. I dropped in a V-mach kit, plus cleaned, polished and lubed everything properly and also added some Maccari old school buttons to remove metal to metal contact and made mainspring shim out of PTFE sheet. Also stripped and tidied up the lovely walnut stock and treated it with tung oil while I was at it. Felt recoil reduced and no discernable twang.

Cheers

Nigel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users