AirGunForum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Important Announcement!

Hi Guys and Merry Xmas.
The forums theme was changed this morning to the Xmas theme, but as normal, I doubt it is showing up.
So a quick fix for this is to scroll to the bottom of the page and look for the Change Theme button, located on the bottom left.
Click that and you will be presented with 2 options, simply select the Xmas theme, if that fails, select the 2.3 sense theme and then reselect the Xmas theme.
J-B

Photo

Webley Axsor

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 bobcat

• 6 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:west yorkshire

Posted 07 March 2009 - 06:31 PM

I am after a manual or exploded diagram of a webley axsor
I have been out with a lad today and his rifle fires maybe 1in5 times on cocking it is this a comon problem with these rifles and do's any one have any ideas as to what it could be

Thanks Bobcat

#2 theoben59

• 41 posts
  • Interests:shooting ,fishing ,camping......
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Edinburgh

Posted 09 March 2009 - 10:42 AM

Hi bobcat you'll get the schematics on here http://gunspares.co.uk/

Rgds.GRF

#3 Guest_hairgone_*

Posted 09 March 2009 - 06:00 PM

Is the cartridge indexing when the bolt is drawn back?
If not then remove the small screws from the name plate, and the name plate its self, and you will see the indexing mechanism. Give everything a clean, and apply some light grease, and it should be ok.

If it is not that then you may find that the loading pin has dropped out of the bottom of the bolt.

If it is the loading pin it is only held in place with a single allen screw and these can work loose over time. But this would show its self as being difficult or notchy to cock.

If, and only IF, this is the case you will have to remove the barrel and action from the cylinder.
It is not difficult to do, and requires the removal of there allen screws, one under the quick fill adapter, one under the cartridge, then loosen the one from at the back of the action (under the round plug on the top at the back) and the whole unit comes apart.
The loading pin is then visible and should be fitted to the bottom of the bolt.

#4 bobcat

• 6 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 06:17 PM

Thanks for the link
I have had a look can't seem to find what i was looking for

#5 bobcat

• 6 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 06:22 PM

Thanks Hairgone

I think what was happening was he was cocking it and as he released the bolt it fires but if he holds the trigger forward it seems to stop it
hope this helps
I have told him he isn't welcome on my permission untill he has it fixed nearly shot my daughter he has been shooting for years and thinks he knows every thing what a tool

#6 Guest_willrob_*

Posted 20 September 2009 - 02:49 PM

Hi BobCat, I also have the problem of when I bolt a pellet into the chamber the gun imediately fires without haveing to pull the trigger. It's got to the stage where I can empty an 8 shot magazine without even haveing to touch the trigger. Have you mannaged to resolve the problem with the Axsor you were useing? If so could you help me out by running me through the process for the cure?

Thanks
Willrob.

#7 RiffRaff

• 5 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:east yorks

Posted 26 February 2010 - 07:39 AM

has anyone solved this problem as mine is doing the same thing, not all the time but now and again an its -covered in gore- dangerous, chambers site is no help as it just shows spare no diagram

atb
Niel

#8 AirArmsDavid

• Member'
  • 1,028 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Lutterworth

Posted 05 March 2010 - 12:58 PM

smile.gif

Phone Simon in Webley Service Dept. 01902 722 144.
He should be able to help.

smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users