AirGunForum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Diana Mod 2 (early german)

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_malcolmt_*

Guest_malcolmt_*

Posted 11 May 2009 - 03:54 PM

Hi folks
I have a german Diana Mod 2 in the blued finish with a lightish wood grip which is complete and in full working order and generally good condition. I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of it's approximate value, and how to go about selling it. ???

kind regards

Malcolm

#2 r1danny

r1danny
  • 58 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, Fishing/FlyFishing, Photography, Airguns...especially Russian and Eastern European, Travel and Partying.
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Abu Dhabi (Postal address: Isle of Man)

Posted 11 May 2009 - 05:39 PM

This same question was asked on another forum yesterday but I'm guessing by someone else. I had a look on some forums and found some prices that they have sold or been for sale for recently:

On one of the other forums, a working Diana Mod 2 sold for 12 including Postage and Paypal. And I can see that a second one went for 15 including postage. Another plastic grip one went at 10 posted and the same person had a wood grip version for 25 posted. There is also an Original Mod 2 which are similar but apparently rarer which I think went for about 38 incl postage.

Hope this helps.

#3 Guest_malcolmt_*

Guest_malcolmt_*

Posted 12 May 2009 - 11:10 PM

Hi R1Danny
Many thanks for taking the time to reply, I guessed it wasn't going to be worth any great amount so i'm not disappointed, The remaining question is how do i go about selling it ? ie if i find a buyer can it be sent through the post or is that a real no no. ?

Kind regards

Malcolm

#4 r1danny

r1danny
  • 58 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, Fishing/FlyFishing, Photography, Airguns...especially Russian and Eastern European, Travel and Partying.
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Abu Dhabi (Postal address: Isle of Man)

Posted 13 May 2009 - 09:03 AM

Yes you can post it. If asked by the post office, just tell them it's sporting goods but that's purely because many Post Offices don't know the rules surrounding airguns and there isn't an issue.

Up to you but I would place it for sale in the For Sale section on this website. Adding a pic or two will probably help.

#5 Guest_malcolmt_*

Guest_malcolmt_*

Posted 13 May 2009 - 02:20 PM

Once again R1Danny many thanks. I will take some pictures asap and get it on the board. excelent info on the post office. thanks. smile.gif

Malc

#6 Guest_malcolmt_*

Guest_malcolmt_*

Posted 15 May 2009 - 03:44 PM

Hi Folks
I have finally got off my backside and taken some pic's of the diana
Attached File  Diana_Mod_2_001.JPG   36.59KB   14 downloadsAttached File  Diana_Mod_2_004.JPG   39.71KB   5 downloads
Attached File  Diana_Mod_2_008.JPG   36.92KB   6 downloadsAttached File  Diana_Mod_2_010.JPG   34.34KB   8 downloads
Attached File  Diana_Mod_2_011.JPG   21.55KB   6 downloads

I will be selling it on here so if your interested see the sales thread.
Kind regards

Malcolm

#7 Guest_malcolmt_*

Guest_malcolmt_*

Posted 16 May 2009 - 10:18 AM

Sold subject to the usual

#8 cutnitup

cutnitup
  • 8 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:florida

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:57 AM

I also have a Diana Mod. 2. Mine looks a bit different than yours, especially the plunger I'll post some pics.

#9 cutnitup

cutnitup
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 03:18 PM

Here are the pics of mine, as you can see there is a lot of wear on the grip, it has some rust and the plunger is definetly different from yours. I wonder did they make 2 different models of the number 2?
Here is a little story on this pistol. 30 years ago I was working as a pin spotter at a bowling alley called Savage Brothers. It was owned by Earl and Willis Savage. Both had served in WW2. They retired from the business and sold the bowling alley. This is when I come into the picture. The bowling alley was taken over by a man Named Tom Meyers who hired me as a pin spotter and mechanic. The back of the bowling alley was a mess, so Tom got a dumpster and we began to clean it up. Throwing away just about everything that wasn't nailed down. I had picked up a shoe box that was taped up, shook it and pitched it in the dumpster. Later that night at work I got to wondering about the shoe box, so I went out and dug through the dumpster untill I found it. Opened it up and the pistol was in it rapped up in a sock. I had no idea what it was at the time and there was no internet back then lol. So thats how I came across this pistol.Attached File  DSCF0007.JPG   216.38KB   6 downloadsAttached File  DSCF0002.JPG   117.68KB   8 downloads

#10 cutnitup

cutnitup
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 03:22 PM

More picsAttached File  DSCF0013.JPG   293.45KB   5 downloads

#11 cutnitup

cutnitup
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 03:25 PM

another pic shows some of the rustAttached File  DSCF0005.JPG   285.01KB   8 downloads

#12 AirGunForum

AirGunForum

Forum Super Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,928 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Newcastle-under-Lyme

Posted 26 January 2011 - 05:58 PM

You are responding to a thread that's 18 months old and to someone who is no longer a member, so he's not likely to reply.

Please check through your Welcome message (as well as the rules, see elsewhere) and you'll have a better time on the forum.

Cheers. DaveL

#13 cutnitup

cutnitup
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 07:03 PM

Ha ha ok thanks.

#14 oneshot

oneshot
  • 283 posts
  • Interests:Shootin', Knives, Bonsai, Watches, and me owld MG Midget!!
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Sheffield, south yorkshire

Posted 24 March 2011 - 12:51 PM

But very interesting nevertheless thumb.gif

John smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users