AirGunForum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Important Announcement!

Hi Guys and Merry Xmas.
The forums theme was changed this morning to the Xmas theme, but as normal, I doubt it is showing up.
So a quick fix for this is to scroll to the bottom of the page and look for the Change Theme button, located on the bottom left.
Click that and you will be presented with 2 options, simply select the Xmas theme, if that fails, select the 2.3 sense theme and then reselect the Xmas theme.
J-B

Photo

Kneelers .

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 holly

holly

• 11,158 posts
  • Interests:FT . archery . walking
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:East london

Posted 04 November 2009 - 07:32 PM

It has come to my attention that a proposal is to be or was to be put to the BFTA meeting to get shooters to kneel on a piece of matting rather than their bean bag . now while this idea has some merit insomuch as to stop any missuse of the bean bag when kneeling . what about the older shooters who NEED that bean bag to support aging limbs , or dissabilitys . i think there are more older shooters than young in comps today ??? HOLLY

#2 robF

• 3,208 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 07:40 PM

hols, this is the OLD bfta forum... ;)

(but i think it should stay as is anyway... but it shouldn't support the backside)

#3 chrisJ

• 583 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 09:43 PM

I am sure in this litigation age we live in the BFTA would not wish to fight a injury claim when someone damages ligaments or even breaks their ankle whilst kneeling with the ankle unsupported at a GP, The ISSF insist on kneeling rolls for kneeling shots due to possible injurys, and they shoot on nice flat concrete pads and not like us on uneven ground and tree roots.
Although I see the problem its only come to light since the use of Kilty's bags which are considerably bigger than the standard seat and due to size shooters only kneel across the corner and then rest back on the other part of the cushion. This is imposible with the rangesport seat that I and many others use and I do support my shin and ankle with the seat. Perhapes a size restriction on seat diameter would erase the problem.

Edited by chrisJ, 04 November 2009 - 09:44 PM.

#4 holly

holly

• 11,158 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 10:40 PM

I beg to differ on the bag size . people with big fat asses need a big fat bag i think you will find . i use one of kiltys big bag's and cos i weigh 15 stone i sit down with quite a bang . and the big bags helps to take the strain . this arrises from a gent who used a large coat so you could not see if he was sat on the bag ( which was small , but rolled up ) or not . ??? HOLLY

#5 BFTA-Chair

• 78 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 08:45 AM

Hello Holly

It would appear you have not actually seen or read the discussion document in question! drop me a line and I will send you a copy or give me a call and I will discuss it with you.

Best wishes, Roger.

Edited by BFTA-Chair, 05 November 2009 - 08:47 AM.

#6 holly

holly

• 11,158 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:26 PM

good evening roger . john walker ( SEFTA area rep ) is sending me the doc to peruse . should be interesting ??? HOLLY

#7 Tackleberry

• 703 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Petersfield, Hampshire. ENGLAND.

Posted 06 November 2009 - 02:06 PM

Whilst on the subject of kneelers, what is the official line of the coat hanger assemblies being used to "Assist" kneeling shots? Under arm butt hooks yes, but some of these leg hook/frame assemblies, creeping into the sport, seem against the spirit of the competition.

Al.

#8 waelwulfas

• 41 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Essex

Posted 06 November 2009 - 06:00 PM

QUOTE(Tackleberry @ Fri Nov 6 2009, 15:06) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whilst on the subject of kneelers, what is the official line of the coat hanger assemblies being used to "Assist" kneeling shots? Under arm butt hooks yes, but some of these leg hook/frame assemblies, creeping into the sport, seem against the spirit of the competition.

Al.

Fully adjustable stocks are permitted with no limit on design, additional attachments (e.g. the 'coathanger' frameworks) are not permitted to be added or removed during competition (note no reference to adjusted) . So yes they're okay, they can be swung out of the way as well, as butt hooks can be raised or lowered for sitting/ standing etc.

Ian Challis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users