AirGunForum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

BFTA INSURANCE SCHEME TO END

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 loopyloo

loopyloo
  • 152 posts
  • Interests:shooting,animals,logic games and puzzles

Posted 26 November 2009 - 06:48 PM

Even though many reading this feel it has nothing to do with them i urge you to please talk to your club as insurance is a big issue and im sure you wouldnt want to find out the hard way that your club hasnt done anything about insurance.

I have sent e.mails out to clubs(please e.mail me if your club didnt get one) that have taken this insurance. This is to say that your cover stops 1st March and the BFTA will no longer hold this.

You must find another place for your insurance.

The NSRA will have an offer for those that were under the BFTA umberella of 30.00 discount for their cover which starts January.

http://www.nsra.co.u...m...240&Itemid=

i will send a hard copy of the forms needed which should reach early next week. As before im on the end of an e.mail and will carry on being insurance and developement officer on behalf of BFTA.

Lyndeen

#2 mundungus

mundungus
  • 144 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Essex

Posted 26 November 2009 - 07:03 PM

Was just wondering, why is the BFTA stopping it?

#3 loopyloo

loopyloo
  • 152 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 09:48 PM

Mostly financial as most are aware the BFTA actually put some of the money in to help keep costs down but we cant keep doing this.

Only having 50 clubs taking it up we had no room to barter.

If you see the prices of NSRA you will agree they are more competative.

If there are other insurances out there better please spread the word.

lyndeen

#4 robF

robF
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 12:16 PM

QUOTE(mundungus @ Thu Nov 26 2009, 19:03) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Was just wondering, why is the BFTA stopping it?

There's a variety of reasons it was tabled, I hope i'm not out of term by mentioning them. I wasn't present at the AGM, and didn't see the final discussion proposal, but was aware from the meeting beforehand about the discussions.

As Loopy said, there are alternative insurance schemes, such as the NSRA one which are more financially attractive, the BFTA scheme was subsidised, there's also just the general responsibility of running the scheme and the work that involves, which as Loopy will tell you, is quite considerable. There's also the added flavour of the BFTA card being mandatory for all members of the club under the BFTA scheme, which from one end of the spectrum with a region that is all BFTA insured, to another that is entirely not BFTA insured, is a massive difference in card numbers and also income variations from those the regions/clubs. Also added to the mix is that some clubs already have insurance such as NRA, and can't take the BFTA one out, etc.

So in short, the considerable workload and subsidy could be put to better use elsewhere, and another scheme take it's place, probably saving everyone money, and time smile.gif

I don't think any club should be felt left high and dry by this, there are some good schemes out there and Loopy will point you in the right direction. I think if the BFTA were concerned that clubs would lose out, they would not have voted to stop the scheme... the last thing they want is for clubs to struggle.

Edited by robF, 27 November 2009 - 12:17 PM.

#5 holly

holly

holly

• 10,634 posts
  • Interests:FT . archery . walking
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:East london

Posted 27 November 2009 - 10:30 PM

I am some what to the right of genghis khan and i would have said to the clubs and regions . to shoot in a BFTA comp . you MUST have BFTA insurance . how are the people who run the FT comps to know who has insurance and who does not with every one going there own way ??? HOLLY

#6 robF

robF
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 10:39 PM

Perhaps it will be a stipulation to get a card Hols... just like clubs already have to now. I have to send off CGC's NRA insurance details to get our cards... the fact that BFTA won't be offering that insurance doesn't mean you won't have to prove it to get the card.

It might make Loopy and Phil's life easier, as I know some clubs really drag their feet on it... perhaps now they might pull their fingers out a bit faster...

Edited by robF, 27 November 2009 - 10:39 PM.

#7 chrisJ

chrisJ
  • 583 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 01:50 AM

The BFTA will not issue any cards until a valid cert of Insurance is produced by the club, A copy of which will be held by the BFTA grading officer, Only clubs can apply for shooter cards on the shooters behalf. The BFTA felt it could no longer provide a Insurance service and it was running at a loss and not best value for the clubs, East Devon FTC have been using NSRA insurance for the past 4 years due to it being better cover, And you have the benefit of speaking to someone at the NSRA office if you should need there assistance in insurance matters. The BFTA do also have a seat on the NSRA meetings so they are already co-habiting.The NSRA send out roughly 2000 renewal packs each year, The BFTA were doing 50, Hence why they get a better deal even though it is still the same broker, Perkins Slade.

I recommend Clubs to take out the NSRA cover, Everything is done for you and every November a renewal pack drops through the post.

Edited by chrisJ, 28 November 2009 - 01:54 AM.

#8 mundungus

mundungus
  • 144 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Essex

Posted 28 November 2009 - 01:22 PM

Could you provide some info on how the NSRA insurance scheme works?

Does the club have to affiliate with them directly?

Is there a 'per member' fee as well as the main premium?

#9 chrisJ

chrisJ
  • 583 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE(mundungus @ Sat Nov 28 2009, 13:22) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Could you provide some info on how the NSRA insurance scheme works?

Does the club have to affiliate with them directly?

Is there a 'per member' fee as well as the main premium?

The club will affiliate to the NSRA with this scheme directly and have voting rights within the NSRA, There is no 'per member fee' unless that member wishes to upgrade to a Individual full member with added insurance cover for personal equipment/accident, This also covers you abroad for organised shoots.

#10 holly

holly

holly

• 10,634 posts
  • Interests:FT . archery . walking
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:East london

Posted 28 November 2009 - 07:34 PM

Sounds good . how do you upgrade to full membership for the added protection ? through the club or as an individual ??? HOLLY

#11 chrisJ

chrisJ
  • 583 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE(holly @ Sat Nov 28 2009, 19:34) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sounds good . how do you upgrade to full membership for the added protection ? through the club or as an individual ??? HOLLY

Either way holly, If you do it through your club they receive a referal payment so the more that join the more money the club will get, This is all explained in the affiliation pack that the NSRA send out.

#12 robF

robF
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 01:05 AM

they were (or maybe still are) running a new member scheme... 30 instead of the usual 70 and the affiliated club gets a 10'er (eventually one hopes)

#13 loopyloo

loopyloo
  • 152 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 01:02 PM

This for everyone to read but only some to act upon

Those that took BFTA insurance in 2009 this will end MIDNIGHT 28th FEB that means you will not be insured unless you have chosen someone else to go with.

This is then up to everyone who visits a club to shoot to check that they are insured. Please dont take the risk your life is not worth a few hours of fun.

Now that means if you continue to be affiliated to your region and require shooters cards this year i need a copy of your current insurance this should be given to your regional rep(via e.mail or hard copy) which should be then passed to me.

I then will give the green light to Phil Tetsall for your shooters cards to be released.

Any questions please ask away
loopy

#14 kilty

kilty
  • 1,059 posts
  • Interests:Computing and Air Gunning

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:36 PM

Posted our insurance application to NSRA on Wednesday 7pm

Documents have arrived today in my post.
Fan..-covered in gore-..tastic service.

Thankyou NSRA staff and Lydeen, loopyloo for putting me in touch

atb
Barry

Springfield ARC

Edited by kilty, 22 February 2010 - 09:36 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users