AirGunForum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

GC2 Action .

• Please log in to reply
424 replies to this topic

#181 C.Eaton

C.Eaton
  • 472 posts
  • Interests:FT shooting, in fact shooting in general :)
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Hockley, Essex, UK

Posted 07 September 2011 - 05:53 PM

Shesh, you got me there ol' timer... uhh.gif
QUOTE(holly @ Tue Sep 6 2011, 22:02) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
C'mon col , that old boy is you really innit ??? HOLLY smile.gif thumb.gif

#182 holly

holly

holly

• 10,085 posts
  • Interests:FT . archery . walking
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:East london

Posted 10 September 2011 - 05:24 PM

Right well it all hung on today , was it time to hang up the old GC2 ? that would have meant selling the S&B . no use having a super scope , if you do not have a super rifle . so pellets washed and lubed , barrel cleaned . off to the club , over the chrono and set at 809 fps . onto the zero range and zeroed at 35 yards . all the numbers came in , 0 35 , 1 40 , 2 45 , 3 50 , 4 55 , spot on . groups were good , windage was excellent . went on the course and did quite well . looking forward to tomorrow's comp ??? HOLLY
PS if only that nice colin woud turn up so i can give him a sound thrashing .

#183 holly

holly

holly

• 10,085 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 04:56 PM

The Otmoor 50 .Well that did not go to plan . but just the same a very good day , much fun was had and sone decent shooting . the old S&B worked well . those scope are so clear . excellent . i forgot to take my close ranges numbers . so that was a bit of a disaster . but even so put in a 40 ex 50 . yes it brought back the fun to my shooting . ??? HOLLY

Edited by holly, 11 September 2011 - 04:57 PM.

#184 holly

holly

holly

• 10,085 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 10:53 PM

Took the Old GC2 to the club today as the wife in her search for a rifle that suits her want's to try the rifle out . it has still got the S&B on top , although if she likes the rifle the Big Nikko will go on it . anyway cleaned the barrel out as usual , filled up with air ( 200 bar ) and onto the course . still had my old numbers for the lifts . so set 0 for zero and loaded up with the new air arms pellets .shot at thirty yards for the quarter inch bolt . little bit left , but right for height . three clicks right and on the bolt . 40 yards number one . 45 yards number two , fifty yards number three . all on the bolts good . 55 yards , dialled up number four . no bolts that had not been shot . one lone pellet mark , that will do . smack on it . now this is all benched , so it say's nothing for my shooting . but a lot for the pellets and rifle . then as it the scope had cooled down i went through the ranges . now i have not shot it for a while or done the ranges . so i was looking at it with fresh eyes so to speak .anyway they would not come in on the lines . near but not positive . right starting at 30 mag which i use normally . going up to 50 mag and see what does work all the way from zero to 55 yards . well basically i have been wrong in using 30 mag . if you want to use a S&B PM2 then you HAVE to use 50 mag . no two ways about it .so i thought if i have been wrong about that , maybe i was wrong about shooting it on 30 mag . so went up and down on the mag and found that yes i was wrong . 20 mag would do it all , shooting sitters kneelers and standers was better on 20 mag . especially standers .there is only one way to see what is what on the standers and that is on the racks . i even managed to hit most of those rotten little chickens . at twenty five yards i hit three 15 mil kills standing . now i know there is a bit of luck in minis . but i was very happy just the same . it goes to show gent's that no matter how much you know and no matter how good you think you are . you never ever stop learning in the FT game . i look forward to doing some comps after the winter league has finished to try the old warrior out ??? HOLLY
PS unless the wife nicks it .

#185 holly

holly

holly

• 10,085 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:43 PM

Well the plan went out the window after the second lane today in our club comp ? 50 mag was to dark on a dark day in the wood .20 mag made it look like the target was in the next county . so i finally finnished up on 40 mag . ah well back to the drawing board . having said that , i was much , much more confident on the ranges . yep roll on the regionals , after that i can shoot what i like ??? HOLLY smile.gif cool.gif thumb.gif
PS and like what i shoot . go on you know you wanna . lets put the fun back into FT ?

#186 PaulD

PaulD

PaulD

• 759 posts
  • Interests:Field Target, Air Rifles, Classic motorcycles and just starting out on digital photography after years om 35mm
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:north west uk/Warrington

Posted 01 January 2012 - 09:52 PM

You might just have summat there Holly, im really struggling with the new rig, so much so im starting to panic as the winter league is half over and im not any further forward! I might just take a leaf out of your book and resurrect my old Mk3 and big Nikko ready to use in the summer. If you see me wondering around at the Inters with my favorite Devastate under my arm you know whats happened sad.gif

#187 holly

holly

holly

• 10,085 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 11:03 PM

There is no need to panic paul . yes put the Big Nikko on the steyr if you must , as you know that scope . BUT do not change the rifle . it is the way forward . remember you came up quickly and can go down just as quickly . consistency is what you must seek . even if that means going backwards for a while . i cannot remember what pellet you use . but use a air arms 8.4 , black tin . set the power down at between 760 to 770 . the point being to see the pellets in flight through the scope . at least the last five yards . gradualy building up a database in your bonce of what the flight of it might be in all the conditions you can find . the last thing you need is a windfighting pellet .it will bring success in certain conditions , but you will not get the consistency you seek at this stage of your FT carreer . before you go on the course at the club . go onto the benchrest . check the zero , then check all the distances on the scope and aim for the boltheads on the target . if you hit em all from 8 yards to 55 yards , or get very near to em . you are ready to go on the course . you know in your own head that there is nothing wrong with the rifle and any mistakes are yours alone. at first go onto the course on your own , till you start to think that you are on the right track . then challenge anybody and anyone who will go around with you and see how you fare under pressure . use the watch at every chance . use a shooting jacket if you can and a shooting glove . these are aids . you might be doing all this and i hope you are . but if not give it try . if your ground is used for shotgun , pick up the spent cartridges , put them all over the zero range . end on and shoot them . when you have finished the course . go on the racks . one shot at each . push , push and push . take it personal if you miss . kick the ground , snarl and swear . sod it . whatever you are weakest at do the most of . but do it in order so you cover all the positions . mr jenkinson did not get to be world champ three times by going , i'm not getting these targets i will change my kit . he did it by -covered in gore- hard work and staying with it . plus i should say a large dose of skill . go to as many shoots as pos , if there is an HFT event go and ask if you can pay your dosh and shoot FT style . no prize , just a shoot . stick with the kit you choose and go for it . you know it makes sense . ??? HOLLY smile.gif thumb.gif

#188 Sheddy

Sheddy
  • 35 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Southend on Sea, Essex

Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:34 PM

What a fantastic reply.

Holly, I think I love you!

#189 holly

holly

holly

• 10,085 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE(Sheddy @ Mon Jan 2 2012, 12:34) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What a fantastic reply.

Holly, I think I love you!

You will have to get in the queue with the folks who are waiting to bash me ??? HOLLY smile.gif cool.gif thumb.gif

Edited by holly, 02 January 2012 - 04:56 PM.

#190 holly

holly

holly

• 10,085 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:40 AM

Well the old GC2 has been sat in the cupboard now for to long . it is getting restless , i can hear it grumbling to it's self . time to give the old boy an airing and kick craig and the boy's asses with it . took the PM11 off it last night and put old phils Big Bsa on it . now i have had problems with this scope . at least i think it is the scope , could have been the rifle it was on . i had put in on the piemans old NJR . but it kept splitting groups . i was talking to dodgy john choppin and he reckoned it was a classic NJR fault and to look at the O rings in the front barrel support . so to see what is what , i am sticking old phils scope on the GC . this scope is one of the few i have found that will range on 25 mag . oh yeah i hear you saying , no chance . well i have a fool proof test for this , stick it on the mag of choice and focus on 50 yards . can you see the 55 yard board clearly . on this scope i cannot . mind you it weighs a ton , like most BSAs .still will see how it runs this weekend and if it will hold zero . if so i will give it a go at some opens this year , or maybe kick old piemans ass with it ??? HOLLY smile.gif cool.gif thumb.gif

#191 holly

holly

holly

• 10,085 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:41 PM

There is a gent on shooting the breeze called huskysteve . who makes scope pointers/bubbles . they are combined in perspex . excellent bit of kit . well worth a look . got one for my GC2 . 18 posted ??? HOLLY

#192 holly

holly

holly

• 10,085 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:50 PM

Well it did not go as expected today , zeroed in with no problems .but when i tried to make the numbers on the lifts on the turret fit into the normal run of things , they would not do it . much to close together ? put the rifle over the chrono again . ( 785 fps , the first time ) 774 fps . a bit out yes , but not that much . the main idea was to get the old gun out and give it a run , also to see on a reliable rifle if the scope i was using was knackered . scope ranged well on 25 mag . lovely i thought , i will use that on the course . nope the old bum went after a few targets . too far , too far .went up to 35 mag , all was well . for the life of me i cannot go below 30 mag to shoot on . looks like i will have to keep it on 35 mag . had to use both sunshades , as the sun was right in front and low . it was so cold that i had trouble getting the range stickers to stay on the scope . will do it again when it is warmer and more pleasant . was gonna use it tomorrow but as i have been picked for the regional team , i really need to practice a bit more . all work and no play make jack a dull boy .??? HOLLY smile.gif thumb.gif
PS the highlight of the day was getting a 25 yard reducer up a tree , standing . the good bit was old sy-co standing behind waiting for me to miss it . had to show the lad how a good rifle shoots ??? HOLLY cool.gif

#193 Siy-co

Siy-co
  • 846 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Essex

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:14 PM

15mm kill standing 24 yds............. with that old gun.........yep impressive or lucky........... we'll never know

#194 holly

holly

holly

• 10,085 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:12 AM

QUOTE(Siy-co @ Sat Jan 28 2012, 22:14) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
15mm kill standing 24 yds............. with that old gun.........yep impressive or lucky........... we'll never know

50% rifle , 25% luck , 25% skill ??? HOLLY smile.gif cool.gif thumb.gif

#195 Siy-co

Siy-co
  • 846 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Essex

Posted 29 January 2012 - 08:19 PM

100% bull s..t

#196 holly

holly

holly

• 10,085 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:31 PM

I can see i am gonna have to give you a damm good thrashing next week sy-co , at KW ??? HOLLY smile.gif mad.gif thumb.gif

#197 holly

holly

holly

• 10,085 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:18 PM

Right it is that time of year again . GC2 time . getting fed up flogging my ass of with the Shutz for nothing in particular . so saturday out of the gun cupboard comes the GC . got four boxes of die two prems and i am gonna use em all . will be interesting to try the S&B again in the cold light of day , so to speak . gonna set it up on the zero range and start at 30 mag , then work up to see what repeats the best . i am not one of those FT shooters that requires snap in and out . i learned long ago that if a scope snaps in . then when the light changes and the temp goes up or down , it snaps in , in a different place . giving you a very nasty headache . what will be welcome to my old eyes is the brightness of the schmidt??? HOLLY

#198 Piemanlarger

Piemanlarger

Awesime

• 1,474 posts
  • Interests:Ft
    Railways
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:W.Glamorgan

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:02 PM

QUOTE(holly @ Thu Apr 19 2012, 22:18) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...... got four boxes of die two prems and i am gonna use em all .

what will be welcome to my old eyes is the brightness of the schmidt??? HOLLY

using all 4 boxes of prems. I am going to put a 1 that you manage to hit the target at least once then?

I did not think that S&B was as bright as the leup, at best on par but from memory i would say the luep was better in the glass department.

Hope things improve for you and you get at least 35 at Mad! ohmy.gif

#199 PaulD

PaulD

PaulD

• 759 posts
  • Interests:Field Target, Air Rifles, Classic motorcycles and just starting out on digital photography after years om 35mm
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:north west uk/Warrington

Posted 20 April 2012 - 02:21 PM

Simon, i think the old fella is in panic mode now ohmy.gif after all i seem to recall he was beaten by an unknown "B" grader at GP1 wow.gif

#200 holly

holly

holly

• 10,085 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:22 PM

Quiet down now boy's . i shall start slow with a clearence and work up from there . the lupe IE the 20+50 is as good as a PM2 up to 35 mag . after that it cannot stay with the PM2 ??? HOLLY

#201 holly

holly

holly

• 10,085 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:45 PM

On the subject of brightness . with good optics comes steadyness . i dunno if this is real or an optical illusion . but on ten mag , kneelers seem as steady as you can get . gotta try the rifle and scope with the gimp coat and my old prone jacket , that is if it has not fell apart ??? HOLLY smile.gif cool.gif thumb.gif

#202 holly

holly

holly

• 10,085 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:20 PM

Right , well a hard afternoon down at Springfield today . i had cleaned the barrel and washed the prems ( that might have been a mistake ) . charged up the rifle to 200 BAR . i could not check the Rifle on the Chrono cos the damm thing was not working . checked it out at 35 yarrds , no probs . so tried to get some groups at 50 yards . noway hosay . it would not group to save it's life , up down and around it went . i was not to worried cos the old GC2 likes to take it's time getting used to a pellet and leading up . sure enough it started to come together after about 150 pellets . taking less wind all the time and getting more predictable as i went along .i took it along to the windy-est part of the course and tried out the range finding of the S&B and my ability to get right the amount of wind the pellets took . 40 mag to range on is i think right and thirty to shoot on . every scope i possess come up with a different range for any given target , but as long as you have set it up right it will work and this did . gonna keep on with the prems tomorrow and give young craig a good thrashing on the course and get some of my wedge back ??? HOLLY smile.gif cool.gif thumb.gif
PS says he is gonna use the zennith and give me a chance . mug born every day . wow.gif

#203 kilty

kilty
  • 1,047 posts
  • Interests:Computing and Air Gunning

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:19 PM

Holly, as you know, I set up the Zenith and S&B FT today as Craig went paintballing.
Apart from Standers I didn't miss a target and that was with Craig putting on the scope as p*$$ed as a -poot-
We'll see how you get on tomorrow.

#204 holly

holly

holly

• 10,085 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:47 PM

Well today was enough to convince me that light weight pellets are not the way to go ? if there is no wind or little wind , yes . if strong wind or it is unsettlerd like today then no . poke and hope is what it is called . the wind was never in one place for long and confidence was leaking away . also the sheer weight of the outfit , meant that by two o clock after a ten oclock start i was knackerd and put the rifle away . no good at all . so mr shutz is back out next week . shame i was really looking forward to shooting it in comps . sod it . never mind , will sell the S&B and get another Comp X to put on it ??? HOLLY smile.gif thumb.gif

#205 springboy

springboy

FT Extraudinair

• 1,050 posts
  • Interests:Shooting,Fishing,and my family
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:essex

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE(holly @ Sun Apr 22 2012, 18:47) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well today was enough to convince me that light weight pellets are not the way to go ? if there is no wind or little wind , yes . if strong wind or it is unsettlerd like today then no . poke and hope is what it is called . the wind was never in one place for long and confidence was leaking away . also the sheer weight of the outfit , meant that by two o clock after a ten oclock start i was knackerd and put the rifle away . no good at all . so mr shutz is back out next week . shame i was really looking forward to shooting it in comps . sod it . never mind , will sell the S&B and get another Comp X to put on it ??? HOLLY smile.gif thumb.gif

What happened to the wind cheating abilities of the prems today.Me and Craig were telling you that we gave hairy right edge and you were convinced that you went straight down the middle.At the end of the day you can't beat 8.4's over the lighter pellets.

#206 L-S-R

L-S-R
  • 216 posts
  • Interests:FT, wildfowling and hunting.
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Ardboe, Co.Tyrone

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:56 PM

Costello seems to be doing just fine with his Express!

#207 holly

holly

holly

• 10,085 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:00 PM

QUOTE(L-S-R @ Sun Apr 22 2012, 20:56) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Costello seems to be doing just fine with his Express!

True conor . two thing's here ? one he is younger than me and two he is better than me . ( and you sonny Jim ) but the thing that most puts me off em is the fact that you are a lot of the time shooting inside the kill and that i do not like or trust . having said that i am gonna use the rest of the box next saturday in my shutz just to see what it will do . dunno if it will go up to 810 . but first i will try it at 770 fps .just out of curiosity ??? HOLLY PS wonder how much three boxes of die two's will fetch on flea bay .

Edited by holly, 22 April 2012 - 09:02 PM.

#208 holly

holly

holly

• 10,085 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:10 PM

Just had a look on flea bay and new prems ( rubbish ) are in 177 10.5 grain . 18.89 plus 3.60 postage ??? HOLLY

#209 Piemanlarger

Piemanlarger

Awesime

• 1,474 posts
  • Interests:Ft
    Railways
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:W.Glamorgan

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:28 PM

your not even using lightweight pellets with prems

Come back and talk the talk when you have used Rs / Falcon, now they are lightweight and really move in the wind.

your ther lightweight lol

#210 holly

holly

holly

• 10,085 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:17 PM

Die two are the daddy simon . the rest are , well just the rest . will give em a run out sat in the shutz . just to see ??? HOLLY

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users