AirGunForum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

CLASSIC FT .

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#61 robF

robF
  • 3,196 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 09:36 PM

and on any given sunday 48 would have been good enough for a win... except Ozzy decided that he was going to make history and cleared it.

#62 holly

holly

holly

• 10,750 posts
  • Interests:FT . archery . walking
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:East london

Posted 04 March 2010 - 09:58 PM

Yep rob and my 46 was not even enough to qualify .lost out on count back . but it was a superb day . the old GC2 just kept rocking up the targets . it was only me that was at fault . but that is the thing with the GC2 . it takes a lot of shooter imput to make it work properly BUT the satisfaction is double . nay treble what you get with a modern rifle . should get a sunshade this sat for the custom shop . as kilty says he has one for sale . so i will have a serious go at setting it up on the GC2 the weekend after . if it works i will use it as i want to make the point ??? HOLLY PS weird innit . you are going up scope wise and i am going down .

#63 holly

holly

holly

• 10,750 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 08:34 PM

Well sad to say the shop did not work out . did all the ranges in ink on the sidwheel at springfields zero range today . then did the lifts .all seemed well .but when i went back to the ranges again to confirm them before i put them on permenently . i could only make 50 and 55 yards the same distance . went on to the course and tried again . nope still the same distance . i can only imagine that it is my eyes getting tired . when i started it was fine with at least a quarter on an inch gap between 50 and 55 yards . as if that was not bad enough the cocking mech on the GC2 started to get harder and harder to cock . not good . i must admit i was tempted to stick the rifle back in the cupboard again .but the thought of the pie man laughing stiffened my resolve . got home tonight and got the remains of old 113 out of the box . i did this with some trepidation , cos 113 is the most accurate rifle i have ever shot . but also the most unreliable . back together it went . MK 4 on top and tomorrow we will see . here we go again ??? HOLLY Grumpgramp.gif

#64 holly

holly

holly

• 10,750 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 07:17 PM

well old 113 shot the whole of today without a falter . but did not shoot as well with the exacts as the mozzies . so next week i will set it up with mozzies at 810 . check it out then go on sunday to kick some ass in our showdown . should be like taking candy from a baby ??? HOLLY

#65 Matt

Matt
  • 687 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 10:16 AM

QUOTE(holly @ Sun Feb 28 2010, 23:57) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Personally i want to see classic rifles used in FT proper . IE the GPs . nothing fancy , just wanna prove to people that you do not have to spend a fortune and have the latest thing to do well in comps . rules , yes you obviously need em . but not to stringent . for instance . any rifle and scope up to 1995 . i think that covers most of the classic rifles and scopes . K.I.S.S. says the army . "keep it simple stupid" not a bad idea . but perhaps a club will take it up ??? HOLLY
PS i like the idea of 40 targets . cos it gives people a good day's shooting . and of course 40 mil targets . cos that is what most clubs have nowadays .

I have skim read the previous postings and agree with Holly, I see it as an event to run alongside the GP events and would probably enter it instead of the springer class next year if it were run.

Rules:

2 seperate classes PCP and Piston

Piston rifles:
tx200
HW77
HW80
HW35
FWB sport
Diana / Original
Webley Omega, etc

Not sure where the following would fit in:
Whiscombe
Laiser 12
Parker Hale Dragon
Titan Mohawk
Daystate Sporstman
Park
Airlogic Genesis

PCP rifles
Shamal
100 series
MDS
Huntsman
GC2
Daystate CR94
Galway Fieldmaster
Titan series

Scope wise max 18 mag scope
Bushnell Banner
Hertel&Rheuss
Tasco AG
Swarovski/Habicht
Kassnar
etc etc

The Classic Ft shooter would shoot second behind an SFT shooter if on same lane so no advantage gained by following FT shooters.
Have a group of 3 shooters who can add to the list of accpeptable equipment, this is decided close season via the internet.

Just a few rough ideas as to rules. Have it run as a demonstrator comp for 2 years as we did for the spring gun series and if enough people enter to keep the class going after that then include it until number of people entering is less than costs.

What do you think?

regards,

Matt

#66 holly

holly

holly

• 10,750 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 05:55 PM

well for one , i like it . anything that gets em out and shooting is i think good ??? HOLLY

#67 herx77

herx77
  • 260 posts
  • Interests:PCP BEATING. SPRINGER AWARNESS
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Hertfordshire

Posted 28 May 2010 - 12:53 AM

QUOTE(rich @ Mon Mar 1 2010, 18:44) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OK, one very simple rule. This particular model of rifle must have been discontinued 5 years ago. Is that any better? It allows all the old 100 series Air Arms, the Daystate CRX series, FWB springers, sadly leaves out the HW77 (sorry Herxx) unless there has been a change in mark number. Don't know enough about Ripleys etc to comment.

Any scope you like.

On that specification my HW77 of circa 1983 can't be used but my GC2 of 1990 can Wheeze.gif strange very strange.
HERX77 .

#68 herx77

herx77
  • 260 posts
  • Interests:PCP BEATING. SPRINGER AWARNESS
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Hertfordshire

Posted 28 May 2010 - 12:59 AM

One thing that sprange to mind was on the rifles up to the 'spring airgun championship of 1990' there was no parallex range finding, only coming into its own after this date?
How does this fit into the formulea. biggrin.gif .
HERX77

#69 daz ford

daz ford

Swefta Shadow.

• 1,111 posts
  • Interests:hunting,field target,and cars<br /><br />And metal fabrication.
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:wiltshire

Posted 28 May 2010 - 01:05 AM

QUOTE(Matt @ Sun Apr 25 2010, 11:16) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have skim read the previous postings and agree with Holly, I see it as an event to run alongside the GP events and would probably enter it instead of the springer class next year if it were run.

Rules:

2 seperate classes PCP and Piston

Piston rifles:
HW77
HW80
HW35
FWB sport
Diana / Original
Webley Omega, etc

Not sure where the following would fit in:
Whiscombe
Laiser 12
Parker Hale Dragon
Titan Mohawk
Daystate Sporstman
Park
Airlogic Genesis

PCP rifles
Shamal
100 series
MDS
Huntsman
GC2
Daystate 2000
Galway Fieldmaster
Titan series

Scope wise max 18 mag scope
Bushnell Banner
Hertel&Rheuss
Tasco AG
Swarovski/Habicht
Kassnar
etc etc

This sums up what i would call 'Classic FT' Kit.

Nothing newer than about 1991/2.

Regards

Daz

#70 holly

holly

holly

• 10,750 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 04:25 PM

I like 1990 with any scope you so chose ??? HOLLY

1 user(s) are reading this topic