AirGunForum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Important Announcement!

Hi Guys and Merry Xmas.
The forums theme was changed this morning to the Xmas theme, but as normal, I doubt it is showing up.
So a quick fix for this is to scroll to the bottom of the page and look for the Change Theme button, located on the bottom left.
Click that and you will be presented with 2 options, simply select the Xmas theme, if that fails, select the 2.3 sense theme and then reselect the Xmas theme.
J-B

Photo

Castleton Air Rifle Club, nt Cardiff/Newport

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Gambo

• 133 posts
  • Interests:cars, bikes, guns, guitars, girls and beer!
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Cardiff, South Glamorgan

Posted 26 August 2010 - 08:07 PM

Castleton Air Rifle Club (C.A.R.C) is situated just off the A48 between Cardiff and Newport, in the Village Hall at Castleton.

The club meets every Monday night at about 7.30pm (but we start setting up about 7-ish).

The only Mondays the club is not open is on bank holidays.

Although the club is run as a non-profit making venture, there is a small "subs" charge made, to cover the cost of hiring the hall, buy targets etc.

The range is indoors, so bad weather is not an issue.

There are 9 shooting positions, to allow You to fire at knockdown targets, paper targets, tin cans, empty shotgun cartridges etc (These positions are run on a rotational basis when the club is busy).

It is all very informal, although safety is given paramount attention at all times.

The emphasis is on fun, rather than competition, though we do hold fun competitions with a running Deer target from time to time. It is on a knockout basis, and cash prizes are awarded to both the overall winner, and the highest score of the night.......great fun!!

The shooting is only part of the benefit of the club though, as we sell discounted pellets, Co2, cleaning kits, gun cases, oils and silicone cloths, targets, etc etc in the tea break.

Tea, coffee, cold cans, sweets and biscuits are available too.

We also hold raffles a few times a year, with prizes of Rifles, pistols, scopes, gun cases or whatever.....well worth winning!!!!

Along with all the aforementioned, the best aspect of the club is the social side of it.

It is great to be amongst other shooters with similar interests, and the knowledge and advice that is gladly given is priceless.
If You are needing a spare part, then there is a good chance that someone will have one buried away somewhere.
Even shooting permissions are shared between club members....like I said, the benefits of attending the club are many-fold.

Although it is called a Rifle club, pistols are welcome too.

In-fact, any airgun is allowed, as long as it conforms to the sub 12ftlb law for rifles, and the sub 6ftlbs law for pistols. A chrono is available for power testing.

The only airguns that are not allowed are BB guns, due to the danger of ricochets.

So, if You are at a loose end on a Monday night, and fancy coming along, then You will be made more than welcome.

Edited by Gambo, 26 August 2010 - 08:08 PM.

#2 Piemanlarger

Awesime

• 1,553 posts
  • Interests:Ft
    Railways
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:W.Glamorgan

Posted 01 September 2010 - 07:14 PM

is the the Pat Issacs Castleton Ft club??

#3 Artfull-Bodger

• 955 posts
  • Interests:Hillclimb and Sprint racing<br />F1<br />Motorsports in general<br />Engineering<br />Fishing<br />Fiddling with old springers(air rifles that is not dogs)

Posted 13 October 2010 - 08:25 PM

unless Pats sanctioned shooting inside the caravan I dont think this is Castleton FTC Simon?

#4 Maddog5515

• 10 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Chepstow, Monmouthshire

Posted 09 November 2010 - 09:00 PM

Hi

After many years I have just bought myself a Webley Eclipse .22. Your club sounds a perfect place for me to get back into the sport.
With your permission I would love to come and join you soon. Due to work commitments I do not know if I can make every week but would love to get involved.

I am living in Chepstow so it's only down the road for me, sounds great.

Hope to see you all soon,

Atb

Mark

#5 Gambo

• 133 posts
  • Interests:cars, bikes, guns, guitars, girls and beer!
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Cardiff, South Glamorgan

Posted 09 August 2011 - 02:30 PM

QUOTE(Piemanlarger @ Wed Sep 1 2010, 19:14) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
is the the Pat Issacs Castleton Ft club??
No Pieman, this one is inside Castleton Village Hall.

The FT club that Pat Issacs runs is in a field just off Tyla Lane, on the A48.
That club is considered locally to be a very serious, pure FT club, but the one in the hall is geared more towards enjoying the fun and social aspect of airgunning.

hth, Gareth.

#6 shinny

• Member.
  • 961 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:derbyshire

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:03 PM

Your club sounds fantastic, Gambo, unfortunately for me a touch too far for a run out on a Monday evening.
I like the sound of the informal "fun" atmosphere.

May it go from strength to strength.

#7 Piemanlarger

Awesime

• 1,553 posts
  • Interests:Ft
    Railways
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:W.Glamorgan

Posted 12 August 2011 - 08:46 PM

QUOTE(Gambo @ Tue Aug 9 2011, 15:30) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That club is considered locally to be a very serious, pure FT club, hth, Gareth.

Lol, must be two castleton ft clubs then baaa.gif

#8 alan

• 1 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Gwent

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:37 PM

hi just joined this site and found your club, can you tell me the name of the road the village hall is on ples , i no the mashfield village hall but dont no if thats the right one so ples can you let me no the name of the street thanks alan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users