AirGunForum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Important Announcement!

Hi Guys and Merry Xmas.
The forums theme was changed this morning to the Xmas theme, but as normal, I doubt it is showing up.
So a quick fix for this is to scroll to the bottom of the page and look for the Change Theme button, located on the bottom left.
Click that and you will be presented with 2 options, simply select the Xmas theme, if that fails, select the 2.3 sense theme and then reselect the Xmas theme.
J-B

Photo

cleaning

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 peter p

• 4 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:south glos

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:51 PM

hi what method is best to clean the bore of a match air pistol as i have heard that cleaning rods may damage the rifling .i have a secondhand morini and dont know when it was last cleaned and i have had it for about 4 months and put at least 1500 pellets through it .any replys much appreciated thankyou pete

#2 Cones

• 50 posts
  • Interests:RC Models, Torches, Watches, Gadgets

Posted 23 January 2011 - 08:47 PM

I would start with the shoot through VFG cleaning felts.

If this does not work then the VFG cleaning rods are designed for match air guns. They do a plastic rod with a brass end to attach the cleaning felt to.

But if the pistol has only ever been used with decent flat head pellets I suspect that is will not need cleaning. At 10m ranges it won't make the difference it can to the groups on say a 12ft/lb air rifle used at 55 yards.

HTH

Mark

#3 McTrucky

• 5 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Surrey UK

Posted 26 January 2011 - 08:44 PM

Agreed - I use felt pellets in my Steyr and my Morini. Not often probably every 3000 pellets or so.

Don't use the cheapest -rubbish- you can find - you don't want any bits of fibre detatching and getting into places they shouldn't. Buy decent cleaning pellets - they are cheap enough.

As a tip, you can fire the pellets into a soft towel so you can recover the pellet to see how dirty it is. If it is very soiled, put another one through. If not, then stop.

Also, I have heard some people put a normal pellet in backwards in the belief that the skirt will act as a scraper cleaning the barrel - no idea if it works or not.

Personally I'd avoid using a cleaning rod - you are pushing dirt down into the action area where the seals are. A pull through would be better if you don't want to use cleaning pellets.

McT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users