AirGunForum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

cleaning

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 peter p

peter p
  • 4 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:south glos

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:51 PM

hi what method is best to clean the bore of a match air pistol as i have heard that cleaning rods may damage the rifling .i have a secondhand morini and dont know when it was last cleaned and i have had it for about 4 months and put at least 1500 pellets through it .any replys much appreciated thankyou pete

#2 Cones

Cones
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:RC Models, Torches, Watches, Gadgets

Posted 23 January 2011 - 08:47 PM

I would start with the shoot through VFG cleaning felts.

If this does not work then the VFG cleaning rods are designed for match air guns. They do a plastic rod with a brass end to attach the cleaning felt to.

But if the pistol has only ever been used with decent flat head pellets I suspect that is will not need cleaning. At 10m ranges it won't make the difference it can to the groups on say a 12ft/lb air rifle used at 55 yards.

HTH

Mark

#3 McTrucky

McTrucky
  • 5 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Surrey UK

Posted 26 January 2011 - 08:44 PM

Agreed - I use felt pellets in my Steyr and my Morini. Not often probably every 3000 pellets or so.

Don't use the cheapest -rubbish- you can find - you don't want any bits of fibre detatching and getting into places they shouldn't. Buy decent cleaning pellets - they are cheap enough.

As a tip, you can fire the pellets into a soft towel so you can recover the pellet to see how dirty it is. If it is very soiled, put another one through. If not, then stop.

Also, I have heard some people put a normal pellet in backwards in the belief that the skirt will act as a scraper cleaning the barrel - no idea if it works or not.

Personally I'd avoid using a cleaning rod - you are pushing dirt down into the action area where the seals are. A pull through would be better if you don't want to use cleaning pellets.

McT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users