AirGunForum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

Webley Junior Valuation Please

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Hare's Ear

Hare's Ear
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 03:53 PM

I have just been talking to the neighbour of a friend, she mentioned having a Webley pistol that belonged to her father.
She mentioned she may sell it. I replied, that as it was her fathers, and it was eating nothing and not costing anything to keep, she should hang on to it.

Anyhow, I said I would get her a rough valuation.

It's a Webley Junior. Circa 1940's. Smooth bore. Works a treat, and appears to be in very good nick. I will post a picture as soon as I find my Phone and download it.

Thank You

#2 Hare's Ear

Hare's Ear
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 08:05 PM

Found the picture, see if this link works

#3 big paul

big paul
  • 219 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Shropshire

Posted 23 April 2011 - 08:58 PM

I believe without looking at it that 100-150 is a fair price , like said that's with out seeing it up close , but it looks good any paper work or box ?

#4 Hare's Ear

Hare's Ear
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 09:59 PM

No paperwork or box, I did ask her about that. Off the top of my head, I did tell her approximately 100. I may not have been so far out.

#5 shinny

shinny
  • Member.
  • 956 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:derbyshire

Posted 24 April 2011 - 12:20 PM

Does anyone know when the shorter barrel was fitted to Webley Juniors? I thought pre WW2 guns had barrels which overhung the frame. Maybe I'm wrong?
Anyway, nice pistol.

Shinny.

#6 Mike95

Mike95
  • 201 posts
  • Interests:Taken up the airgun again after 40 years due to rats in the garden. Started with a QB78, moved on to Gamo 440 and Webley Longbow. Also acquired a Webley Nemesis pistol and joined a local target club.

Posted 24 April 2011 - 04:13 PM

This is 1946-1950 model with the forward extension of the grips. Looks in good condition from the side shown.

I would not disagree with the 100 valuation but...not a lot seems to be selling.

Mike95

#7 big paul

big paul
  • 219 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Shropshire

Posted 24 April 2011 - 04:20 PM

I think that juniors up to 1938 had fixed rear sights I think the one shown may be a Junior new model 1945-73 looking at the handle by the trigger I would say this is an early one so it is probably as the lady said 40's , hope this helps , had a cider head on last post.

#8 Hare's Ear

Hare's Ear
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 05:43 PM

Thanks for the info lads. I'll see if she has internet access and point her to this thread, then she can make her own mind up.

She says she shot the pistol as a young girl in the 50's, and is certain her father will have bought it new in the 40's. It's purpose was as a rat killer/scarer, as they kept a lot of poultry.
Along with her siblings, they got into trouble for placing one of mothers garden gnomes on the swing and shooting it's cap off.

I realise the picture isn't to clever, (steam driven camera phone) but it is in rather good nick. No cracks in the grips. Screw heads haven't been tampered with. Blueing is still reasonably deep, and all insignia engraving is crisp.

Now, do I want a smooth bored pistol? smile.gif

#9 Bramble

Bramble
  • 65 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Norfolk

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:19 PM

Yes you do ! smile.gif

#10 oneshot

oneshot
  • 283 posts
  • Interests:Shootin', Knives, Bonsai, Watches, and me owld MG Midget!!
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Sheffield, south yorkshire

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:13 PM

Hi

I realise this is an old thread (can remember it starting last year abiggrin.gif )

Here are three of my four Juniors, the other being just for spares really..

I paid 35 each from memory and have to say, they were very bargainous cool.gif

Did the lady keep her junior?? as it was her fathers, I hope she did thumb.gif

Cheers, John cheers.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users