AirGunForum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

Pistol choice

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 als

als
  • 19 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Devon

Posted 02 August 2011 - 07:30 PM

Feinwerkbau C25 at £500 or Tau 7 at £190
The FWB is new old stock and the Tau is used mint.
Both are L/H which is so hard to find in this price bracket.
Which would you choose and why ?

#2 rich

rich
  • Member,
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:31 PM

Have you shot both?

I've got a Tau 7 but right hand and you're welcome to try that, seeing as you aren't too far away.

#3 als

als
  • 19 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Devon

Posted 07 August 2011 - 12:12 PM

PM SENT
smile.gif

#4 yana

yana
  • Member.
  • 510 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Zuid-Holland

Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:59 PM

I have 3 Tau 7's and love them to bits! I shoot best with those, better than with my pcp's(morini, hammerli, aeron)! Bút they fit ME like a glove!
About the Tau 7:pro's and con's:
- finish (blacking?)is mediocre
- prone to leaking (valveseal), even new, but easy fix
- only 1 gripsize, about Medium
- grip not adjustable in angle
- they're steel so prone to rust, outside AND inside (barrel); no prob, use lubed pellets
- for adding weights etc, you must remove and re align front sight. Thats annoying
- also useable with bulbs so no bulkfill needed!
- newly made, so part availability should be fine

- greatgreat shooters, suberb value for money.(shootingwise)!!! What to check for with Tau: rust, outside and barrel, loading port spring (musnt open with shot), try to get yrself a 7 Sport or Target, they have better barrels and trigger than the standard. Also, they're made from the 80's, newer one's usually better than old types. Try to get the Tau compensator for it, they like it. Check for leaking.

I dont know the Fwb C25, but I did have an older Steyr co2 pistol. Far less prone to rust. Less prone to leaking. Better finish. Different gripsizes available.
BUT it will be out of date (cilinder). No problem with that with Tau with non-detachable cilinder! Part availability?? Bulkfill needed for FWB!

Edited by yana, 19 August 2011 - 06:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users