AirGunForum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Important Announcement!

Hi Guys and Merry Xmas.
The forums theme was changed this morning to the Xmas theme, but as normal, I doubt it is showing up.
So a quick fix for this is to scroll to the bottom of the page and look for the Change Theme button, located on the bottom left.
Click that and you will be presented with 2 options, simply select the Xmas theme, if that fails, select the 2.3 sense theme and then reselect the Xmas theme.
J-B

Photo

early bsa

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jonballs

• 205 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence: near eye , norfolk suffolk boarder

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:05 AM

havent been on much lately ( rather busy)

i`m after a bit of imfo please
i have a bsa stamped bsa air rifle lincon jeffries patent
made by birmingham small arms company
serial no 9645 ( on trigger block and barrel, baynet type underlever with small star on underside and a B in a circle.
p pat 8246/06 on the loading lever cover
14 1/4 behind the pistol grip.
other marks under barrel near body oh and it s .177
on the bottom of the pistol grip and both sides of the stock there is the following , not in line and also to the rear of the right hand side of the stock there is a diamond aprox 3/8 " with the war dept arrow in
link/photo should be attached hear http://img692.images...86/p8231293.jpg what should be on the photo is a pair of triangles with a arrow pointing to each other and x.13 below also in the gaps between the triangles are 2 diamonds with the war dept arrow.

has any one got any idear what these markings are and any history on the guns , i know the same family had them ( also have an early l model) for at least 60 years
any help would be helpfull
cheers
jon

#2 shinny

• Member.
  • 960 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:derbyshire

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:47 AM

Serial number 9645 indicates a fourth batch BSA made Nov / Dec 1906, despatched between Nov 1906 and Nov1908.
Patent numbers are the patents applicable to the design.
14 1/4 stamped on stock is the length of pull from trigger to end of butt centre.
After that I'm struggling. I guess the arrow indicates military ownership, as it does not appear on all other rifles of the period. What the triangles and X13 means, I dunno. No doubt somebody who really knows his early BSA's will be along shortly.

I will follow this thread with interest.
atb, Shinny.

#3 mad mike

• 3,270 posts
  • Interests:Real Ale.Airguns.Lusting.
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Derbyshire

Posted 24 August 2011 - 08:15 PM

AS mentioned....probably from a military background..nice early example..you lucky so & so.... thefinger2.gif

RE.the "Plinko" on tother forum...they are as you deduced a .177 version of the 600....but worth MUCH more...& Lawrie can service them...they shoot realy well.....hope things are well up Bury way..ATB,Chris.

#4 gedfinn

• 788 posts
  • Interests:ex university lecturer, metals and welding, i enjoy running, chess drinking, holidays etc etc, being retired since i was 47 i have time to indulge in ALL my hobbies, i build jet engines and make my own airguns,both spring & precharged,i like mainly older guns, and have a collection dating back to the turn of the century, about 45 in total, favourite gun, my bsa cadet major, cheers,

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:15 AM

QUOTE(mad mike @ Wed Aug 24 2011, 21:15) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
AS mentioned....probably from a military background..nice early example..you lucky so & so.... thefinger2.gif

RE.the "Plinko" on tother forum...they are as you deduced a .177 version of the 600....but worth MUCH more...& Lawrie can service them...they shoot realy well.....hope things are well up Bury way..ATB,Chris.

Hiya mate, I find it intresting that you think the Plinko is worth more than the 600 ?
I have had both, Now I only have this 600, ( With Bulk fill adapter from the States & my air fill ) .22 rifled barrel.
The Plinko is BB & consequently innacurate .

I would love to do a .25 conversion on the 600, But its worth too much , Now that would be a pistol ?
As regards repair, Only one man, Lawrie ,
Cheers Ged.

Attached Files

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users