AirGunForum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Important Announcement!

Hi Guys and Merry Xmas.
The forums theme was changed this morning to the Xmas theme, but as normal, I doubt it is showing up.
So a quick fix for this is to scroll to the bottom of the page and look for the Change Theme button, located on the bottom left.
Click that and you will be presented with 2 options, simply select the Xmas theme, if that fails, select the 2.3 sense theme and then reselect the Xmas theme.
J-B

Photo

Values of "original" models 23 25 ?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 KRW

• Member.
  • 703 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Yorkshire

Posted 17 September 2011 - 02:42 PM

What might be a very rough guide to the values of the "original" models 23 and 25

i cant seem to find much out on them

#2 shinny

• Member.
  • 960 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:derbyshire

Posted 18 September 2011 - 02:59 PM

I bought a very nice condition 1957 mod23 in January for 30 quid.

#3 KRW

• Member.
  • 703 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Yorkshire

Posted 18 September 2011 - 09:11 PM

How do we date one of these

#4 shinny

• Member.
  • 960 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:derbyshire

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:57 PM

Now you've posed that question, I just realised mine is a Scottish-built Diana, not an Original!
The Scot-built guns have a date stamp on the end of the butt, as in 4/57 (month/year).
I dunno if the Deutschlanders did this???

Hope this helps, atb, Shinny.

#5 gedfinn

• 788 posts
  • Interests:ex university lecturer, metals and welding, i enjoy running, chess drinking, holidays etc etc, being retired since i was 47 i have time to indulge in ALL my hobbies, i build jet engines and make my own airguns,both spring & precharged,i like mainly older guns, and have a collection dating back to the turn of the century, about 45 in total, favourite gun, my bsa cadet major, cheers,

Posted 23 September 2011 - 09:11 AM

QUOTE(KRW @ Sat Sep 17 2011, 15:42) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What might be a very rough guide to the values of the "original" models 23 and 25

i cant seem to find much out on them

Hi. I have a few of these, Originals 23,25,27,35 & Dianas 22, Webley junior ( Same as Diana 22 ! )
In my opinion the Originals are much nicer than the Diana,s & The scottish Milbro guns " Enough said ! "

The 23,25 &35 are very nice,
Value I would put the smaller models ( Up to 25 ) Around 40-50
The 27 is quite a bit bigger & Nicer, The 35 nicer in my opinion than the HW 35 ?

I have Pics but " Photobucket " Has gone to sleep, Later !
Ged.

Edited by gedfinn, 23 September 2011 - 09:12 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users