AirGunForum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

Contacting Members

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 DaveL

DaveL

Forum Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,476 posts
  • Interests:Amateur radio, building electronic equipment.
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Staffordshire

Posted 04 September 2003 - 08:03 AM

Occasionally, I receive emails from members asking for help and I ALWAYS respond.

Unfortunately, some of you use email addresses that won't accept incoming mail and I can't get my reply to forward to you.

Also, despite a warning being shown in bold and RED during registration, some still persist in trying to sign up with anonymous email addresses. They used to receive a polite email explaining why anon. email addresses aren't acceptable. Most don't reply, probably due to the "oops!" factor, so now I just delete 'em.

Finally, there are always a few who enter an invalid email address when registering, so don't receive the account confirmation details and that's why they can never log on. If a validation email isn't received within 24 hours of registration, then a typo, either deliberate or accidental, will almost certainly be the cause.

So come on chaps, you want the information or access but you aren't doing anything to help yourselves. Please sort yourself out or email me with details so I can sort it out for you, but please don't think your requests are falling on deaf ears! I'm doing all I can; the rest is up to you.

If you DON'T sort it out and rejected messages continue, my only course of action to stop the nuisance is to delete your registration.

Edited by DaveL, 18 May 2004 - 08:07 AM.

#2 Guest_Airgunforum._*

Guest_Airgunforum._*

Posted 07 September 2003 - 08:29 PM

I'll second that, Dave. thumb.gif

My inbox too keeps getting these 'Mail Undeliverable' bouncers. mad.gif

Come on guys, sort it out. All we ask is for a valid email address! rolleyes2.gif

And if you don't want to provide one, don't subscribe to topics !!! wacko.gif

Thanks, rant over, back in my shell wub.gif

(How about that, a smilie on every line LOL)

#3 Guest_Melvyn_*

Guest_Melvyn_*

Posted 16 September 2003 - 05:44 AM

Hear Hear DaveL thumb.gif

#4 Guest_sniper22_*

Guest_sniper22_*

Posted 07 October 2003 - 11:11 PM

is mine still causing problems dave?

#5 DaveL

DaveL

Forum Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,476 posts

Posted 08 October 2003 - 09:10 AM

It looks like the email I sent to you has been delivered, Sniper, so I've taken your name from the RED list LOL. Thanks for getting in touch. I try to keep things current on the box, but can only do so if folks communicate, like you did wink.gif wink.gif.

ATB

#6 DaveL

DaveL

Forum Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,476 posts

Posted 07 December 2003 - 02:38 PM

bump.gif

#7 Guest_merc_*

Guest_merc_*

Posted 07 December 2003 - 05:39 PM

I do not understand that as the email i am using for this is my student address am i have been recieving until very resently, the uni system has gone wrong so that may be the reason, as it is the only "valid" email address i have at the min however. If anyone needs to contact me you can use my hotmail address mercenarymh@hotmail.com

Matt

#8 DaveL

DaveL

Forum Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,476 posts

Posted 07 December 2003 - 07:02 PM

Your Uni email addy failed several weeks ago, Merc. It showed up because you had subscribed to a topic.

Have a word with the Uni IT Dept. and when they say it's fixed, test it by sending mails to yourself from hotmail.

Let me know when it works but meanwhile if anyone emails you using the email button in any of your posts, it ends up bouncing into my lap, so don't misbehave LOL biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Gawd! You've just subscribed to something on the box and now it is indeed bouncing into my lap. Please turn it off ASAP and use the suggested means of testing, where only YOU get the hassle. withstupid.gif withstupid.gif

#9 Guest_merc_*

Guest_merc_*

Posted 08 December 2003 - 09:05 PM

i have unsubscribed from message reply notification so have hopefull stopped ur problem of getting returned messages

The problem i will discus tomorrow with the people (would have done it today but skiped lectures to go shooting at Beckingham military rifle range (600 m range although we only ended up shooting from 300m) with a .223 (5.56)

[QUOTE]Your Uni email addy failed several weeks ago, Merc. It showed up because you had subscribed to a topic.[QUOTE]

I have been getting mail on it, including from AGF resently (inc last week?)

I was able to get on however from home (i use a different address to get to mail (which wont work from here though)unsure.gifunsure.gif) There were 2 notifications from AGF, however can still not get on from here the same as everyone else in halls? damn system

[QUOTE]Have a word with the Uni IT Dept. and when they say it's fixed, test it by sending mails to yourself from hotmail.[QUOTE]

will do, these people are asking for war only just actualy got internet on my halls (been without since september) they r Amateurs mad.gif

I am sorry for any inconvence and problems caused Dave (and other mods)

Matt

Edited by merc, 08 December 2003 - 09:06 PM.

#10 DaveL

DaveL

Forum Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,476 posts

Posted 09 December 2003 - 09:18 AM

Thanks Merc,

If your email probs at the Uni are half those we have with our BBS host, then you'll keep a department busy well into the night, EVERY night LOL wow.gif wow.gif wow.gif

I have received email from AGF this morning, no problems, but outgoing email is broken yet again. It's like trying to sprint over a course covered with 12" of treacle!

Keep at 'em m8, and if you need to run any tests, just rattle my cage. thumb.gif thumb.gif

#11 Guest_merc_*

Guest_merc_*

Posted 11 December 2003 - 03:44 PM

there going to be a major headacke

dont quite know whats going on though as im still recieving topic notifications??? aconfused.gif

e.g.

Topic Subscription Reply Notification ( From AirGunForum ) AirGunForum 12/11/03 01:59 am 2KB

merc,

clubshot has just posted a reply to a topic that you have subscribed to titled "###### Flytippers".

The topic can be found here:
http://www.airgunfor...t=ST&f=3&t=6730

There may be more replies to this topic, but only 1 email is sent per board visit for each subscribed topic. This is
to limit the amount of mail that is sent to your inbox.

Unsubscribing:
--------------

You can unsubscribe at any time by logging into your control panel and clicking on the "View Subscriptions" link.
Regards,

The AirGunForum team.
http://www.airgunfor...t/agf/index.php

that was early this morning?

Matt

#12 DaveL

DaveL

Forum Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,476 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 07:18 PM

Matt, I just sent you an email from an AirGunForum account and it hasn't bounced back in 10 minutes, so it looks like the problem has been resolved.

Some times I get to thinking that email accounts are like women - unpredictable biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

The only exception is our host's email services which are predictable. They WILL break down at least three times a week mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

Thanks for digging around m8 and let's hope the account continues to work as I don't want to receive copies of your (or anyone else's) subscription topics rolleyes2.gif rolleyes2.gif

#13 Guest_merc_*

Guest_merc_*

Posted 12 December 2003 - 12:35 PM

I got your email, thanks Dave, it seems they are trying to run 2 servers at once as they are changing servers and this is causing problems

"Some times I get to thinking that email accounts are like women - unpredictable"

so true

thanks for your help and paticence

Matt

#14 Guest_Diablo45_*

Guest_Diablo45_*

Posted 05 January 2004 - 10:01 PM

QUOTE (merc @ Fri Dec 12 2003, 12:35)

"Some times I get to thinking that email accounts are like women - unpredictable"

yes, best to have a couple of spares for when the main one is playing up.

#15 DaveL

DaveL

Forum Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,476 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 09:12 PM

bump.gif

#16 Guest_GlasgowGreg_*

Guest_GlasgowGreg_*

Posted 04 February 2004 - 07:55 AM

Hmmmm... Thanks to Merc (Matt) I just noticed that my name is on that list for the 16th of January. As far as I'm aware I had some difficulty registering back in December. My registration e-mail is freserve/ fsmail and they have been experiencing servers problems since the 16th of January due to a change of servers or something like that. It's all a tad confusing unsure.gif

Ah well, I have recently just got access to my NTL e-mail (ian.paul3@ntlworld.com) and I'll attempt to change the details now aconfused.gif

*Edit: Sorted. Cheers for the heads up Merc thumb.gif

- Greg

Edited by GlasgowGreg, 04 February 2004 - 07:58 AM.

#17 Guest_Chilly_*

Guest_Chilly_*

Posted 08 February 2004 - 04:25 PM

My email should be sorted now Dave.
It took sometime to work out why, had to get someone else to have a look, can't see why i didn't notice that it shouldn't have and h in it biggrin.gif
Sorry for the troubles

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users