AirGunForum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

BASC Press Release, Peterlee Shootings

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DaveL

DaveL

Forum Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,452 posts
  • Interests:Amateur radio, building electronic equipment.
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Staffordshire

Posted 03 January 2012 - 03:10 PM

BASC statement on Peterlee shootings.

3rd January 2012..immediate release.

The UK's largest shooting organisation, the British Association for Shooting and Conservation (BASC), has expressed sadness at this tragedy and sympathy for the families of the victims but has warned against any kneejerk reaction. No conclusions can be drawn from this case until the full facts are known.

There has just been a comprehensive parliamentary review of firearms law in the UK and the facts in this incident need to be firmly established.

BASC notes that this case has been referred to the Independent Police Complaints Commission and awaits the outcome of that investigation.

BASC is involved in talks with the Government, doctors and the police as to whether any improvements can be made to the operation of the licensing system.

For more information please call the BASC press office on 01244 573031
British Association for Shooting & Conservation, Marford Mill Rossett, Wrexham, LL12 0HL United Kingdom

#2 blind dog

blind dog
  • Member.
  • 145 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Iowa

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:23 PM

I find it interesting that some countries with the stricter gun laws have the highest murder rates (Mexico), and others where the opposite is true (Switzerland). And it occurs to me that those with a secret agenda who wish to disarm its untrustwoirthy children...er...citizens...use the words "to reduce gun violence" or words to that effect. If there were no guns (as if that were possible), there would be no gun violence, that's true. But it doesn't mean you would be safer. I guess they don't care about the body count as long as fewer are done by shooting.

I don't buy it. In the USA, anyway, they (the anti-gun people) have access to all the same public records and statistics as the NRA, and therefore it is impossible for them to not know that they are doing no good at best, or else making things worse. And this begs the question of what they are really trying to accomplish, doesn't it?

#3 DaveL

DaveL

Forum Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,452 posts
  • Interests:Amateur radio, building electronic equipment.
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Staffordshire

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:55 PM

I agree with your observation about the untrustworthy citizens, blind dog.

The English "ruling classes" have always feared insurrection by the populace and so take any opportunity to emasculate the ordinary citizen. For example, under current legislation, the pocket knife I used to carry and use to sharpen pencils when I was a kid (a long time ago) is now an illegal weapon to be carried on my person.

It is also unfortunate that "Authority" so often fails to respond to clear and urgent signs of problems, sadly resulting in something like the above, or a partner seriously injured/killed by uncontrolled violence etc. There are many more events that highlight the inertia of "Authority" when faced with targets to meet etc.

It is also regrettable that the media has so much of a grip; telling the sheeple what they want and then telling "Authority" that the sheeple demand this, that or the other. We are controlled by self-serving editors and politicians, all out to tilt at their own personal windmills.

HNY to you and may I say that the more I see of life, the more I'm relieved that most of mine is behind me.

DaveL

#4 blind dog

blind dog
  • Member.
  • 145 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Iowa

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:23 AM

That is exactly what I was talking about. The agenda, that is. And the more stunts they pull, the greater danger of insurrection there is. But then the ruling class in the UK as well as the US were never the sharpest pencils in the box. With a silver-spoon birthright, and no avenue for failure, there isn't really much opportunity for those inbred goombas to develop logic.
Brother, I am 47 years old and wouldn't mind being 67 because I know just how you feel.

Happy new year to you, too.

-Rob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users