AirGunForum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Important Announcement!

Hi Guys and Merry Xmas.
The forums theme was changed this morning to the Xmas theme, but as normal, I doubt it is showing up.
So a quick fix for this is to scroll to the bottom of the page and look for the Change Theme button, located on the bottom left.
Click that and you will be presented with 2 options, simply select the Xmas theme, if that fails, select the 2.3 sense theme and then reselect the Xmas theme.
J-B

Photo

HAKKO .

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 holly

holly

• 11,157 posts
  • Interests:FT . archery . walking
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:East london

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:31 PM

A while ago old clarky bought a hakko 8+32 by 56 down at ETL good scope with a great ret ( nato i think ) but it just did not cut it when it came to rangefinding . not quite enough mag it seemed . anyway i had talked to several shooters who said that the debens 10+50 by 56 were the dogs danglys . so i tried one of these .nope they were just to dark and on a long shooting session made my eyes tired . but having said that were probably the best rangefing scope i have ever tried ( ask simona ) anyway the other day a 10+40 came up on the for sales section here . it was on a pro target . did not want the rifle but thought on RN10 might be interested in it . so popped around to terrys and steves place to pick it up today . took it down the club to give it a run out . put it over the chrono . crept up to 770s after a few shots . cleaned the barrel after seeing what it would do on the zero range . one way of telling whether your barrel is a good one is to shoot it dirty , then shoot it clean . it should improve clean . well it did . so started to try grouping . yes pretty good , not much wind out today and it went into half a inch most of the time . this was on some old exacts 4.53s i had with me . might do better on air arms 4.52 . but anyway onto the scope , really clear on 10 mag as you would expect . up to my fave mag 30 and that was when the sun came out . straight down the range/scope , sod it . i tried a bit later on but really it was not much better . so although i got an idea of how it might go , nothing conclusive . only thing i can say is that it resolve's pellet marks really well , which is a good sign . but the ranges on the sidewheel were very close together . so may need another wheel .anyway for what is basically a cheap scope it has the makings . the best bit i saved to last , on full mag it comes down to about seven yards . now that cannot be bad /?? HOLLY

#2 brownie

• 172 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:essex

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:40 PM

hi holly,the sidewheel markings may not be 100% accurate as i only done them on the quick + it was way to much mag for me as i normally shoot on x6 mag for all types of shooting.
Steve

#3 holly

holly

• 11,157 posts
  • Interests:FT . archery . walking
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:East london

Posted 15 January 2012 - 09:03 AM

Yes steve . i found that out , or at least Big Paul did ( our resident gob on a stick ) good little scope . cos i have too many scopes . i need something that is simple ( like big paul ) the fact that it comes down to about seven yards is a plus factor . ( no 50 adapter ) i look forward to trying it out properly ??? HOLLY

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users