AirGunForum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

HAKKO .

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 holly

holly

holly

• 10,629 posts
  • Interests:FT . archery . walking
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:East london

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:31 PM

A while ago old clarky bought a hakko 8+32 by 56 down at ETL good scope with a great ret ( nato i think ) but it just did not cut it when it came to rangefinding . not quite enough mag it seemed . anyway i had talked to several shooters who said that the debens 10+50 by 56 were the dogs danglys . so i tried one of these .nope they were just to dark and on a long shooting session made my eyes tired . but having said that were probably the best rangefing scope i have ever tried ( ask simona ) anyway the other day a 10+40 came up on the for sales section here . it was on a pro target . did not want the rifle but thought on RN10 might be interested in it . so popped around to terrys and steves place to pick it up today . took it down the club to give it a run out . put it over the chrono . crept up to 770s after a few shots . cleaned the barrel after seeing what it would do on the zero range . one way of telling whether your barrel is a good one is to shoot it dirty , then shoot it clean . it should improve clean . well it did . so started to try grouping . yes pretty good , not much wind out today and it went into half a inch most of the time . this was on some old exacts 4.53s i had with me . might do better on air arms 4.52 . but anyway onto the scope , really clear on 10 mag as you would expect . up to my fave mag 30 and that was when the sun came out . straight down the range/scope , sod it . i tried a bit later on but really it was not much better . so although i got an idea of how it might go , nothing conclusive . only thing i can say is that it resolve's pellet marks really well , which is a good sign . but the ranges on the sidewheel were very close together . so may need another wheel .anyway for what is basically a cheap scope it has the makings . the best bit i saved to last , on full mag it comes down to about seven yards . now that cannot be bad /?? HOLLY

#2 brownie

brownie
  • 172 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:essex

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:40 PM

hi holly,the sidewheel markings may not be 100% accurate as i only done them on the quick + it was way to much mag for me as i normally shoot on x6 mag for all types of shooting.
Steve

#3 holly

holly

holly

• 10,629 posts
  • Interests:FT . archery . walking
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:East london

Posted 15 January 2012 - 09:03 AM

Yes steve . i found that out , or at least Big Paul did ( our resident gob on a stick ) good little scope . cos i have too many scopes . i need something that is simple ( like big paul ) the fact that it comes down to about seven yards is a plus factor . ( no 50 adapter ) i look forward to trying it out properly ??? HOLLY

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users