AirGunForum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

Air Arms s410 classic

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 LongRangeSniper

LongRangeSniper
  • 130 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Dorset

Posted 22 January 2012 - 07:39 PM

I picked up the s410 back in Late November/early December last year with the intention of doing it up for my Dad.
He has got the Air Arms s510 TC and didnt get on with it.But now after using it for a few months he loves it.
So I still went ahead and did a complete strip down of the S410 seeing as I have never stripped a gun down before,only ever done a few stocks.
After looking up on the internet and getting some idea what do I dismantled all the working parts,degreased them then polished them all up.I also re-done the stock(Beech).Took off all the old varnish/oil,sanded then re-stained it with Indian rosewood and put on at least 10 coats of Birchwood casey True oil.
Also the bolt was for a left handed person so was going to buy a new one to fit a right handed person as the stock is right handed.But whilst browsing the AAOC forums I noticed a thread on how to change the bolt round for a right handed person.It was about a 30 min job but saved me 35 smile.gif
I chrono'd the rifle this morning and it was shooting at 13.70 ftlb ohmy.gif ohmy.gif .The power had gone right up where I had polished the working parts.But it was an easy fix as it is the Pre-anti tamper and adjusted it down to 11.20 ftlb.
So now I want to keep the s410 for myself but my wife has other ideas.She said I can keep it if I sell my HW100KT wow.gif wow.gif ...There is no chance of that.So looks like I will have to sell the s410.
Here are a few pics of my rifle.

This one was taken outside but the light wasnt very good and I only have an old cheapy camera.

All the rest were taken indoors in the front bed room as the sun was shinning in and was alot brighter

#2 Chip And Co Hunting

Chip And Co Hunting
  • 2 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Cambridgeshire

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:27 PM

Is it the rose oil stuff that has bought the stock out so nice and dark mate?

#3 shinny

shinny
  • Member.
  • 917 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:derbyshire

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:34 PM

Get rid of the wife!

#4 craigcorolla

craigcorolla
  • 11 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Bolton

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:36 PM

Nice stock,
Please can you describe how you got it so nice and the procedure to get beech like that !

Craig.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users