AirGunForum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Important Announcement!

Hi Guys and Merry Xmas.
The forums theme was changed this morning to the Xmas theme, but as normal, I doubt it is showing up.
So a quick fix for this is to scroll to the bottom of the page and look for the Change Theme button, located on the bottom left.
Click that and you will be presented with 2 options, simply select the Xmas theme, if that fails, select the 2.3 sense theme and then reselect the Xmas theme.
J-B

Photo

new spring for hw77

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 bigphil

• 9 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:worcestershire

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:13 AM

Hi All,
I've stripped my old 77 down now and polished up the internal parts and noticed its missing a breech seal and a few other spares needed.
What tuning kit would be recomended for this gun, venom,titan,ox or ox-a?????
Im keen to add new spring guides and tophat so should i just buy the kit with it all in or buy seperate items with a spring of recomended choice?
The choice is a bit confusing,and also what would washers do if added to the spring guide? Put power up or down?
Any help much appreciated!!

Phil.

#2 Cliff

• 5 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:NJ

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:30 PM

maybe Titan XS #3 spring?

What do you mean "missing a breach seal"? Was it factory shipped without one or lost over time?

I'm looking at buying an HW77 and thinking about installing a titan #3. It's cheap enough and if the seals are upgraded ~ ~ ~

But then there's this guy who thinks OX is bad. I've no clue why.
http://www.airgunfor...-xs-spring.html

Further in the thread a fellow is talking about his worries that the Titan XS would have wrecked his gun
I'd like to know why he thought they were bad.

Here's some pix of the V-match kit
http://www.network54...ach Tuning kits

#3 craigcorolla

• 11 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Bolton

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:13 PM

Just put a v-mach kit in mine and very-very happy

Much smoother,less re-coil and very accurate.

Craig.

#4 tigger

• 2,557 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Norfolk

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:51 PM

Google Air rifle headquarters in the USA, you can get a 12ftlb kit from this source. Even if you get caught with import duty it'll probably still be cheaper than a Venom kit, turnaround is about ten days to a fortnight.

#5 subaru swift

Time Waits 4 No 1

• 40 posts
  • Interests:air rifle, PC's, music, cooking, eating, dvds & movies, cars, etc....
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:staffordshire & then bromsgrove a few days aweek !

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:40 AM

NO do not use a OX spring mate, i have one & it was the only one i could get at the time bad idea for me sorry to say.

however i am going to have a v-mach me thinks fitted by uk neil soon in my hw77 smile.gif

#6 fenman

• 337 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:37 AM

V-mach every time for me.

BAR sells them
or
http://www.air-rifle...nformation.html

#7 oldeyes

• 33 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Rhondda

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:17 PM

would washers do if added to the spring guide? Put power up or down?

adding washers to the back of the spring, was a trick we used, in the old days, in theory it would put the spring under more pressure, but we had no way of proving if it worked.

#8 TopDog

• 23 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Dumfries and Galloway

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:34 AM

If you are not very skilled in airgun fettling etc, just buy a V-Mach kit; it will solve all the issues in one go!

These are NOT, as often inferred, expensive; they are just top-notch quality and borne of vast experience so are really dirt cheap (certainly a lot cheaper than buying an Ox spring and then sorting the rifle out again!).

If you have (or know someone who has) the skills and access to a lathe, then it's a doddle!  Probably not worth the hassle for a one off, but if it's going to get you hooked, well worth it!

I know this is answering a very old thread but I haven't been on here for quite a while!

atvb

David

#9 DTM

• 75 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Buckinghamshire

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:28 AM

Give Welsh Willy a call   01792540179  http://woodfield-gcp.co.uk/ very helpful chap and will give you good advice as well as selling a good upgrade kit for you 77 :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users