AirGunForum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

new spring for hw77

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 bigphil

bigphil
  • 9 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:worcestershire

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:13 AM

Hi All,
I've stripped my old 77 down now and polished up the internal parts and noticed its missing a breech seal and a few other spares needed.
What tuning kit would be recomended for this gun, venom,titan,ox or ox-a?????
Im keen to add new spring guides and tophat so should i just buy the kit with it all in or buy seperate items with a spring of recomended choice?
The choice is a bit confusing,and also what would washers do if added to the spring guide? Put power up or down?
Any help much appreciated!!

Phil.

#2 Cliff

Cliff
  • 5 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:NJ

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:30 PM

maybe Titan XS #3 spring?

What do you mean "missing a breach seal"? Was it factory shipped without one or lost over time?

I'm looking at buying an HW77 and thinking about installing a titan #3. It's cheap enough and if the seals are upgraded ~ ~ ~

But then there's this guy who thinks OX is bad. I've no clue why.
http://www.airgunfor...-xs-spring.html

Further in the thread a fellow is talking about his worries that the Titan XS would have wrecked his gun
I'd like to know why he thought they were bad.

Here's some pix of the V-match kit
http://www.network54...ach Tuning kits

#3 craigcorolla

craigcorolla
  • 11 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Bolton

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:13 PM

Just put a v-mach kit in mine and very-very happy

Much smoother,less re-coil and very accurate.

Craig.

#4 tigger

tigger
  • 2,557 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Norfolk

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:51 PM

Google Air rifle headquarters in the USA, you can get a 12ftlb kit from this source. Even if you get caught with import duty it'll probably still be cheaper than a Venom kit, turnaround is about ten days to a fortnight.

#5 subaru swift

subaru swift

Time Waits 4 No 1

• 40 posts
  • Interests:air rifle, PC's, music, cooking, eating, dvds & movies, cars, etc....
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:staffordshire & then bromsgrove a few days aweek !

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:40 AM

NO do not use a OX spring mate, i have one & it was the only one i could get at the time bad idea for me sorry to say.

however i am going to have a v-mach me thinks fitted by uk neil soon in my hw77 smile.gif

#6 fenman

fenman
  • 337 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:37 AM

V-mach every time for me.

BAR sells them
or
http://www.air-rifle...nformation.html

#7 oldeyes

oldeyes
  • 33 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Rhondda

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:17 PM

would washers do if added to the spring guide? Put power up or down?

adding washers to the back of the spring, was a trick we used, in the old days, in theory it would put the spring under more pressure, but we had no way of proving if it worked.

#8 TopDog

TopDog
  • 23 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Dumfries and Galloway

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:34 AM

If you are not very skilled in airgun fettling etc, just buy a V-Mach kit; it will solve all the issues in one go!

These are NOT, as often inferred, expensive; they are just top-notch quality and borne of vast experience so are really dirt cheap (certainly a lot cheaper than buying an Ox spring and then sorting the rifle out again!).

If you have (or know someone who has) the skills and access to a lathe, then it's a doddle!  Probably not worth the hassle for a one off, but if it's going to get you hooked, well worth it!

I know this is answering a very old thread but I haven't been on here for quite a while!

atvb

David

#9 DTM

DTM
  • 72 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Buckinghamshire

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:28 AM

Give Welsh Willy a call   01792540179  http://woodfield-gcp.co.uk/ very helpful chap and will give you good advice as well as selling a good upgrade kit for you 77 :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users