AirGunForum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

HW100 cylinder dust plug

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SPOMAN

SPOMAN
  • 4 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Devon

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:06 PM

Gents,

My HW100 is bereft of a cylinder dust plug. I ordered a replacement but it is too big in diameter to fit. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement plug that actually fits. I have emailed Weihrauch and awaiting a reply but if you know a distributor in the UK then please let me know.

Regards

#2 raygun

raygun
  • Administrators
  • 8,429 posts
  • Interests:Airgunning
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Bolton

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:25 PM

You could try Hull Cartridge who are the main importers of HW's.

ATB
Ray.

#3 SPOMAN

SPOMAN
  • 4 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Devon

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:16 PM

Cheers Raygun. Found a John Knibbs International. They indeed sell the proper dust plugs. 12.99 if you need one. Mine is on the way!

#4 Gambo

Gambo
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:cars, bikes, guns, guitars, girls and beer!
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Cardiff, South Glamorgan

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:13 PM

These are available from a number of places, first 'port of call' (pun intended) that I would suggest is Best Fittings >> http://www.bestfittings.co.uk/

Also, Steve Pope does modified ones, which do not seal themselves into the port, if the inlet valve seal happens to leak.

If a standard dust plug is in place when the inlet valve leaks, it swells the seals on the dust plug exactly the same as the seals lock the filling probe in place when charging.

The only ways to remove the dust probe in that situation, is to either drift or drill the plug out, as it could have up to 200bar holding it fast, that cannot be vented off.

Edited by Gambo, 19 February 2012 - 05:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users