AirGunForum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Important Announcement!

Hi Guys and Merry Xmas.
The forums theme was changed this morning to the Xmas theme, but as normal, I doubt it is showing up.
So a quick fix for this is to scroll to the bottom of the page and look for the Change Theme button, located on the bottom left.
Click that and you will be presented with 2 options, simply select the Xmas theme, if that fails, select the 2.3 sense theme and then reselect the Xmas theme.
J-B

Photo

To Steyr or not to Steyr?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 Piemanlarger

Awesime

• 1,553 posts
  • Interests:Ft
    Railways
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:W.Glamorgan

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:20 PM

Have to say so far i have to take my hat off for Holly in his determination to stay away from the best.
no, not an Njr. after I whooped him in the 2010 season he went and got one last year but could not handle it.

However, after another humilating Gp season loss to ME baaa.gif Its only a matter of time till he is has an Ostler ev2 and then, maybe then he would be serious competion.

Simon thefinger2.gif

Edited by Piemanlarger, 27 February 2012 - 10:20 PM.

#32 holly

holly

• 11,157 posts
  • Interests:FT . archery . walking
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:East london

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:27 PM

Well mate . i wil be shooting the shutz this year so i expect to get seriously fat off your burgers ??? HOLLY smile.gif cool.gif thumb.gif

#33 PaulD

PaulD

• 777 posts
  • Interests:Field Target, Air Rifles, Classic motorcycles and just starting out on digital photography after years om 35mm
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:north west uk/Warrington

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:51 PM

QUOTE(holly @ Tue Feb 28 2012, 19:27) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well mate . i wil be shooting the shutz this year so i expect to get seriously fat off your burgers ??? HOLLY smile.gif cool.gif thumb.gif

Whaddya mean "GET" thefinger2.gif

#34 holly

holly

• 11,157 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:27 PM

That is undeveloped muscle mate ??? HOLLY smile.gif cool.gif thumb.gif

#35 holly

holly

• 11,157 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:22 PM

Due to a bit of luck and a very nice fella . the wife now has a 20+50 lupe to put on her rifle . this we will zero in and check out sat and sunday . gotta get an extended turret for it if pos . but will use it as is for now . should be interesting to see what can be done with a top scope on board ??? HOLLY smile.gif thumb.gif

#36 holly

holly

• 11,157 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:19 PM

well it was another hard day at the office , or should i say at the zero range down at Springfierld arc . scope bolted on , barrel cleaned . a tin of 7.9s ready . and onto the chrono , 801 FPS . that will do nicely . down to the zero range and with a bit of help from dave lillywhite i was soon getting some good groups at 35 yards . . marked up the sidewheel and top turret ( needs a bigger turret ) and shot some close ones . little bit off due to a bit of breeze on the 35 yarder . soon sorted and checked out to 55 yards . not bad for a quick effort , but i found after a couple of hours on the rifle that the shots were going a bit high . i think maybe because the barrel has leaded up a bit and slightly changed the zero . will see if it holds that zero tomorrow . the scope went well . lupe clear and easy to use .but i would not go back to one . the 35 mag comp X is much easier to use . got to see how the missus gets on with my settings and maybe go over to numbers on the wheel and turret ??? HOLLY

#37 holly

holly

• 11,157 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 06:30 PM

Some good , some bad today as ever . the good bit was the rifle held zero , the bad bit was bob turned up with the old stock and we changed it over . how is that bad , well it meant dropping the lifters off the scope cos the new old stock has not got an adjustable cheek piece . . rezero .all this meant that i could not practice as i hoped for the showdown . oh well . still i found out that the rifle is not struck on to much cleaning , as the day wore on it got better to the point where off the bench it was hitting pellets marks at 50 yards with the 7.9s . plus with the new stock and daystate alloy lifter underneath . it was easier for the wife sitting to get to grips with it . the scope needs another sunshade , to much glare . probably a bigger top turret . but all in all it is getting there ??? HOLLY smile.gif thumb.gif

#38 holly

holly

• 11,157 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:54 PM

I have fitted a rowen eng adjustable muzzle brake i borrowed off phil down the club to see if it makes any difference to the groups tomorrow . i like air strippers , but not cos they strip air . but because they can by changing the vibrations of the barrel . make a good barrel a bit better . what they cannot do is to make a bad barrel any better . will report back ??? HOLLY smile.gif thumb.gif

#39 holly

holly

• 11,157 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 06:56 PM

Well yes it did bring the groups in at 50 yards . so i have bought one off the forum to use on the rifle . took a bit of inning and outing with the adjustable cone , but got there in the end , recomended ??? HOLLY

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users