AirGunForum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

To Steyr or not to Steyr?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 Piemanlarger

Piemanlarger

Awesime

• 1,507 posts
  • Interests:Ft
    Railways
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:W.Glamorgan

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:20 PM

Have to say so far i have to take my hat off for Holly in his determination to stay away from the best.
no, not an Njr. after I whooped him in the 2010 season he went and got one last year but could not handle it.

However, after another humilating Gp season loss to ME baaa.gif Its only a matter of time till he is has an Ostler ev2 and then, maybe then he would be serious competion.

Simon thefinger2.gif

Edited by Piemanlarger, 27 February 2012 - 10:20 PM.

#32 holly

holly

holly

• 10,588 posts
  • Interests:FT . archery . walking
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:East london

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:27 PM

Well mate . i wil be shooting the shutz this year so i expect to get seriously fat off your burgers ??? HOLLY smile.gif cool.gif thumb.gif

#33 PaulD

PaulD

PaulD

• 777 posts
  • Interests:Field Target, Air Rifles, Classic motorcycles and just starting out on digital photography after years om 35mm
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:north west uk/Warrington

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:51 PM

QUOTE(holly @ Tue Feb 28 2012, 19:27) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well mate . i wil be shooting the shutz this year so i expect to get seriously fat off your burgers ??? HOLLY smile.gif cool.gif thumb.gif

Whaddya mean "GET" thefinger2.gif

#34 holly

holly

holly

• 10,588 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:27 PM

That is undeveloped muscle mate ??? HOLLY smile.gif cool.gif thumb.gif

#35 holly

holly

holly

• 10,588 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:22 PM

Due to a bit of luck and a very nice fella . the wife now has a 20+50 lupe to put on her rifle . this we will zero in and check out sat and sunday . gotta get an extended turret for it if pos . but will use it as is for now . should be interesting to see what can be done with a top scope on board ??? HOLLY smile.gif thumb.gif

#36 holly

holly

holly

• 10,588 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:19 PM

well it was another hard day at the office , or should i say at the zero range down at Springfierld arc . scope bolted on , barrel cleaned . a tin of 7.9s ready . and onto the chrono , 801 FPS . that will do nicely . down to the zero range and with a bit of help from dave lillywhite i was soon getting some good groups at 35 yards . . marked up the sidewheel and top turret ( needs a bigger turret ) and shot some close ones . little bit off due to a bit of breeze on the 35 yarder . soon sorted and checked out to 55 yards . not bad for a quick effort , but i found after a couple of hours on the rifle that the shots were going a bit high . i think maybe because the barrel has leaded up a bit and slightly changed the zero . will see if it holds that zero tomorrow . the scope went well . lupe clear and easy to use .but i would not go back to one . the 35 mag comp X is much easier to use . got to see how the missus gets on with my settings and maybe go over to numbers on the wheel and turret ??? HOLLY

#37 holly

holly

holly

• 10,588 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 06:30 PM

Some good , some bad today as ever . the good bit was the rifle held zero , the bad bit was bob turned up with the old stock and we changed it over . how is that bad , well it meant dropping the lifters off the scope cos the new old stock has not got an adjustable cheek piece . . rezero .all this meant that i could not practice as i hoped for the showdown . oh well . still i found out that the rifle is not struck on to much cleaning , as the day wore on it got better to the point where off the bench it was hitting pellets marks at 50 yards with the 7.9s . plus with the new stock and daystate alloy lifter underneath . it was easier for the wife sitting to get to grips with it . the scope needs another sunshade , to much glare . probably a bigger top turret . but all in all it is getting there ??? HOLLY smile.gif thumb.gif

#38 holly

holly

holly

• 10,588 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:54 PM

I have fitted a rowen eng adjustable muzzle brake i borrowed off phil down the club to see if it makes any difference to the groups tomorrow . i like air strippers , but not cos they strip air . but because they can by changing the vibrations of the barrel . make a good barrel a bit better . what they cannot do is to make a bad barrel any better . will report back ??? HOLLY smile.gif thumb.gif

#39 holly

holly

holly

• 10,588 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 06:56 PM

Well yes it did bring the groups in at 50 yards . so i have bought one off the forum to use on the rifle . took a bit of inning and outing with the adjustable cone , but got there in the end , recomended ??? HOLLY

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users