AirGunForum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

Best Pellets for Steyr LG110 (HP)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 colyshooter

colyshooter
  • 5 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Devon

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:24 AM

Could anybody tell us the best pellets to use with a Steyr LG110. I'm told 4.53 probably best but aren't these a bit large?

Also, is there a make of silencer (with adapter) that can remain in place and still let you take the cylinder off?

Thanks for any advice

#2 kilty

kilty
  • 1,048 posts
  • Interests:Computing and Air Gunning

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:25 PM

QUOTE(colyshooter @ Wed Feb 22 2012, 11:24) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Could anybody tell us the best pellets to use with a Steyr LG110. I'm told 4.53 probably best but aren't these a bit large?

Also, is there a make of silencer (with adapter) that can remain in place and still let you take the cylinder off?
Thanks for any advice

Mozzies / JSB Exact Express in 4.52 went well in my Steyrs but then so do AA Field 4.52. JSB Exacts 4.51 ,4.52 and 4.53.
Try some and see. It is down to the barrel.
hth
Barry

#3 PaulD

PaulD

PaulD

• 759 posts
  • Interests:Field Target, Air Rifles, Classic motorcycles and just starting out on digital photography after years om 35mm
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:north west uk/Warrington

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:02 PM

If its the new (2011 long barrel) Steyr ive found 4.52 JSB Exact to be the best in mine. Apparently the barrel was designed from the outset to use JSB pellets. The choke is very small on both mine and a friends gun and needs a fair ammount of running in (2-3000 pellets). Ive tried all the usual suspects including Mossies & JSB express and found JSB exacts group best. My barrel does not like the new black tin AA at all (shotgun groups)

#4 4.51

• Member.
  • 84 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:NRW

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:49 PM

QUOTE(PaulD @ Wed Feb 22 2012, 16:02) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If its the new (2011 long barrel) Steyr ive found 4.52 JSB Exact to be the best in mine.

Same with mine. 4.52 JSB Exact will do the best job in the long (55cm) barrel.

#5 holly

holly

holly

• 10,107 posts
  • Interests:FT . archery . walking
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:East london

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:09 PM

QUOTE(PaulD @ Wed Feb 22 2012, 15:02) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If its the new (2011 long barrel) Steyr ive found 4.52 JSB Exact to be the best in mine. Apparently the barrel was designed from the outset to use JSB pellets. The choke is very small on both mine and a friends gun and needs a fair ammount of running in (2-3000 pellets). Ive tried all the usual suspects including Mossies & JSB express and found JSB exacts group best. My barrel does not like the new black tin AA at all (shotgun groups)

Paul . send those black tin air arms down to me then mate cool.gif How is it going now ??? HOLLY thumb.gif

#6 PaulD

PaulD

PaulD

• 759 posts
  • Interests:Field Target, Air Rifles, Classic motorcycles and just starting out on digital photography after years om 35mm

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:04 PM

QUOTE(holly @ Wed Feb 22 2012, 19:09) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Paul . send those black tin air arms down to me then mate cool.gif How is it going now ??? HOLLY thumb.gif

Ive hopefully beg.gif cured it now Hols, since ive sleeved the barrel the POI shifts have gone. Ive a few problems with velocity inconstancy's which im hoping are down to the hammer spring bedding in. Im using the black transfer port which im lead to believe gives more consistency. Im a LOT happier than i was a few months ago so time behind the trigger will tell. thumb.gif

#7 holly

holly

holly

• 10,107 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:07 PM

QUOTE(PaulD @ Wed Feb 22 2012, 20:04) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ive hopefully beg.gif cured it now Hols, since ive sleeved the barrel the POI shifts have gone. Ive a few problems with velocity inconstancy's which im hoping are down to the hammer spring bedding in. Im using the black transfer port which im lead to believe gives more consistency. Im a LOT happier than i was a few months ago so time behind the trigger will tell. thumb.gif

Well that is good news . what scope do you use now ??? HOLLY

#8 PaulD

PaulD

PaulD

• 759 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:33 PM

QUOTE(holly @ Wed Feb 22 2012, 21:07) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well that is good news . what scope do you use now ??? HOLLY

After spending the money ive stuck with the March, its taken a while to get used too and im still mis-ranging occasionally but im getting there (slowly) the old Nikko is still there in its box as a back up but i think im winning with it now.

#9 holly

holly

holly

• 10,107 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:13 PM

In that case paul . there is no reason why you cannot get among the big boy's this year ??? HOLLY smile.gif thumb.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users