AirGunForum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

The format

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 holly

holly

holly

• 10,756 posts
  • Interests:FT . archery . walking
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:East london

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:43 PM

In days of yore , the saturday at the regionals was the hardest day . why . cos the best shots in the land were duking it out for the lead . no quarter asked , no quarter spared . the sunday was an easier day because you had 15 men , a lot of then fairly new to big shoots in a team and you hoped they would come back again . BUT if you made it to hard like today , a lot of them would say no thanks . let us change it back to the way it was . hard saturday , a bit easier sunday ??? HOLLY thumb.gif

#2 SteveC200

SteveC200
  • 30 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Essex

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:12 PM

I must admit, I did think the standers were a bit on the strong side. But I'm not the greatest at them so maybe a tad biased. awink.gif

Edited by SteveC200, 01 April 2012 - 07:13 PM.

#3 Tackleberry

Tackleberry
  • 703 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Petersfield, Hampshire. ENGLAND.

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:19 PM

QUOTE(holly @ Sun Apr 1 2012, 19:43) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
let us change it back to the way it was . hard saturday , a bit easier sunday ??? HOLLY thumb.gif

I thought that's what it was. Once I worked out where i screwed Saturday's round it was easy today. Only dropped one down the home straight. The last kneeler through complatency mad.gif

The tough bit was smashing my car window, cause I'd locked the keys in the boot. DOH!!!

Al.

#4 Jon

Jon
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:08 PM

Glad i didnt go yesterday having had two reports last night of the amount of noddy targets, not my words.

Supposed to sort the men from the boys considering it was qualification for the worlds.

#5 holly

holly

holly

• 10,756 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:29 PM

And Two Mini's on a lane ? noway hosay ??? HOLLY ohmy.gif mad.gif

#6 Piemanlarger

Piemanlarger

Awesime

• 1,525 posts
  • Interests:Ft
    Railways
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:W.Glamorgan

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:39 PM

you dont like minis then holls?

#7 holly

holly

holly

• 10,756 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:05 PM

It is not that i do not like minis simon . just that i do not think they should be deployed two to a lane . i missed three saturday due to not using my glasses and mistaking my 15 yard setting for my 12 yard and going high in the gloomy conditions . sunday i got all of em . had a dreadfull start missing 4 sitters and then the first two standers . pulled myself together and cleared the rest of the course for a 34 . onward and upward ??? HOLLY smile.gif thumb.gif

#8 Piemanlarger

Piemanlarger

Awesime

• 1,525 posts
  • Interests:Ft
    Railways
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:W.Glamorgan

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:25 PM

you wont like a couple of the Wafta Gp lanes then, thats unless i change things.

just turns out that a couple of our lanes at present dont have great length so its a pair of minis, but at least it uses up the GP quota.

Both lanes are sheltered so at least the wind should not be a factor.

Cant say the same for a couple of 25ml up the top half of our Gp course.

#9 holly

holly

holly

• 10,756 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:40 PM

With the gimp coat on i reckon i will be on it . but if not i will consider prone ??? HOLLY

#10 rich

rich
  • Member,
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:10 PM

I was told, they set Saturday's course out anticipating more wind than there was. Then I was told, - crikey I get told a lot don't I smile.gif - that they were cross about having two clearances and resolved to make Sunday tougher.

Sometimes it would be nice if some more thought was given to the lefties like myself, who have to sit in the craters that the righties' feet have excavated. Not a lot of fun at the end of the second day when you are on the back run and coming down the hill, naturally awkward and unstable made worse by the 200 or so pairs of heels that have been digging in. Two years ago it was pretty wet and slippery, and I wasn't the only leftie to finish the last few lanes in the kneeling position for safety.

#11 holly

holly

holly

• 10,756 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:00 PM

QUOTE(rich @ Tue Apr 3 2012, 21:10) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was told, they set Saturday's course out anticipating more wind than there was. Then I was told, - crikey I get told a lot don't I smile.gif - that they were cross about having two clearances and resolved to make Sunday tougher.

Sometimes it would be nice if some more thought was given to the lefties like myself, who have to sit in the craters that the righties' feet have excavated. Not a lot of fun at the end of the second day when you are on the back run and coming down the hill, naturally awkward and unstable made worse by the 200 or so pairs of heels that have been digging in. Two years ago it was pretty wet and slippery, and I wasn't the only leftie to finish the last few lanes in the kneeling position for safety.

Sorry about your probs rich . but i have to say that coming back down the hill is my favorite bit of currige park . i think it was about the third target down the hill . a 54 yarder on the side of a tree . steady as a rock on it . one inch off to the right of kill , windicator feather moving smoothly . slip the trigger and watch the pellet over the last five yards knock it down . now that's what FT is all about ??? HOLLY smile.gif thumb.gif

#12 rich

rich
  • Member,
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:25 PM

My favourite target on that part was the long stander. Two lanes to go and looking for 4 out of 4. With only one pair of shooters following after us, there must have been an audience of twenty just watching - no pressure, like.

#13 PaulD

PaulD

PaulD

• 777 posts
  • Interests:Field Target, Air Rifles, Classic motorcycles and just starting out on digital photography after years om 35mm
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:north west uk/Warrington

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:12 AM

Mmm, now im also a lefty but as far as i remember apart from the shorter of the two standers i cleared the back section on Sunday confused.gif
a good job really as i was already six down before i turned the corner wow.gif
I just wriggle about to make the best of each lane and as long as its muzzle in front and trigger behind im ok. I really enjoy the Inters weekend despite the fact i dont do that well there, Sundays course was a lot longer than Saturdays but overall a good balance giving the lesser shots like me a chance of knocking a few down thumb.gif

Edited by PaulD, 04 April 2012 - 07:13 AM.

#14 rich

rich
  • Member,
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:47 AM

Paul maybe you're a bit younger than me . . . smile.gif

#15 PaulD

PaulD

PaulD

• 777 posts
  • Interests:Field Target, Air Rifles, Classic motorcycles and just starting out on digital photography after years om 35mm

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:22 PM

QUOTE(rich @ Wed Apr 4 2012, 08:47) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Paul maybe you're a bit younger than me . . . smile.gif

well im not exactly a youngster at 58 wow.gif just recovering from a hearty and arthritus in me knees & hands (if i was a horse they would shoot me)

#16 rich

rich
  • Member,
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:39 PM

Err, I've had my bus pass for six years..... ohmy.gif

#17 PaulD

PaulD

PaulD

• 777 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE(rich @ Wed Apr 4 2012, 15:39) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Err, I've had my bus pass for six years..... ohmy.gif

Touche' doh.gif

#18 holly

holly

holly

• 10,756 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:59 PM

Knackers yard next stop for you two ??? HOLLY smile.gif cool.gif thumb.gif

#19 holly

holly

holly

• 10,756 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:33 PM

QUOTE(PaulD @ Wed Apr 4 2012, 13:22) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well im not exactly a youngster at 58 wow.gif just recovering from a hearty and arthritus in me knees & hands (if i was a horse they would shoot me)

Paul if you are looking for volunteers to shoot you , i might be available ??? HOLLY PS and i work cheap to .

#20 PaulD

PaulD

PaulD

• 777 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE(holly @ Wed Apr 4 2012, 22:33) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Paul if you are looking for volunteers to shoot you , i might be available ??? HOLLY PS and i work cheap to .

Stuff that Holly, you cant even put a butt hook on the right way up thefinger2.gif you would probably miss and shoot me in the gonads or somewhere equally painful wow.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users