AirGunForum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Important Announcement!

Hi Guys and Merry Xmas.
The forums theme was changed this morning to the Xmas theme, but as normal, I doubt it is showing up.
So a quick fix for this is to scroll to the bottom of the page and look for the Change Theme button, located on the bottom left.
Click that and you will be presented with 2 options, simply select the Xmas theme, if that fails, select the 2.3 sense theme and then reselect the Xmas theme.
J-B

Photo

Airsporter Chrony Figures

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 blade57

• 11 posts
  • Interests:Shootin'
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Stavely, Alberta Formerly of Manchester

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:21 PM

So I finally got in a little trigger time with the Airsporter.

These are the figures in FPS & the rifle is a .22

Low 387.4

High 408.7

Ave 394.5

Extreme Spread 21.35 sad.gif

Looks like a major service could be on the horizon for the old girl including a new Mainspring. I feel that she is worth a bit of TLC as she is in pretty good cosmetic shape.

Could any of you guys recommend a new mainspring for me. I live in Canada so the 12 f/lb rule is not applicable for me.

Cheers

DaveD smile.gif

Edited by blade57, 09 April 2012 - 10:22 PM.

#2 dogsbody

• 44 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Flintshire

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:29 AM

Hi Dave,
I would suggest a Titan XS mainspring from John Knibbs. It would probably need cutting to optimum length. If you explain the circumstances, Canada etc. they may do an export version or recommend spring length. All the other parts you will need will be available from them too. Website is: http://www.airgunspares.com/store/
Alternatively a kit is available from Chambers TK033 see: http://www.gunspares... Airsporter Mk3
again I would recommend the Titan mainspring not the Ox.
There may be other tuners supplying kits.
atb
dogsbody

#3 blade57

• 11 posts
  • Interests:Shootin'
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Stavely, Alberta Formerly of Manchester

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:38 AM

Thanks dogsbody. I'll get some emailing done tomorrow. I don't really want the rifle to be super fast. About 12f/lb will be fine, i think. Most springers here are either below 500 fps (non-PAL) or 1000 -1200 fps which are lisenced.

We have just got rid of our LONG GUN REGISTRY here so basically if you have Possesion Aquisition Licence you can have what you want as long as the barrel is over a certain length and no need to inform anyone smile.gif

Cheers

DaveD smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users