AirGunForum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

Aldingbourne & District Target Shooting Club

Open Day

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 sg1

sg1

Early Morning Admin(yawn!!)

• Administrators
  • 1,938 posts
  • Interests:Lightweight Sporting Rifle Competition Shooting,Clay Pigeon Shooting(ESP),Collecting Swords/Knives, Cooking , Computer Repairs and of course my Partner and our 3 kids.
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:South coast, west sussex

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:08 PM

We had a local event on the field between our club and the social club which involved several other clubs/small bussinesses(sp?) , There were bouncy castles,hog roast, sea cadets, dog trials, field gun trials(which I somehow got dragged into!!) as well as shooting of course at our range .

Everyone who had a go walked out with big smiles on their faces clutching their targets with words like "look I beat you dad" or "not bad for my first time" but...more importantly and pleasing were the ones who asked "what nights are you open" and "which other types of shooting do you do" , we had a few people PROMISE to be back and more importantly most were kids which is GREAT as we need more youngsters to get into the sport , we've already got a member of the junior olympic squad and have had olympic medalist Malcolm Cooper as a previous member back in the 80's . We also have the N.T.C (nautical Training Corps) regularly use our range for their practices/comps .

A good day was had by all and hopefully a few new shooters will come of it :)

atvb

sg1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users